Partner relapse

Old 08-15-2017, 02:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Partner relapse

Hi this is the first time I have used a forum but I needed to vent what has happened and get advise off other people going through the same thing. To cut a very long story short my partner and father to my children has recently ( 12 days ago) come out of a very well known rehab centre due to cocaine addiction, he through himself into it for 28 days and I feel he has been doing all of the right things to stay on track as in finding a sponsor and attending every group possible. We have been getting on great and I feel I have done well to leave him to it and 'get back to normal' whatever that is. So you can imagine my horror when today we woke up he was in a fab mood made breakfast and I went off out with the children for a day out. His plan was the gym and gardening. However on return with the children I walked in and found him passed out in the living room surrounded by his own sick.. I thought he was dead. He had drank a full litre of vodka.. no drugs?! And what worse is he had been driving around wrecklessly and bumped one of the neighbours cars who have now contacted the police. I thank our lucky stars he didn't kill anyone or himself but I was not expecting this and I just don't no why what when or who?! I expected relapse or should I say prepared for relapse with the drugs as I no it's common but this I was not expecting. I feel like how can I live like this , thinking everything's going great but then walking into that, I no nobody has the answer, but advise or experience would be a healer right now.
Old 08-15-2017, 03:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I can imagine how heart sinking it must be for you.

Not sure of his past history or how long you have been going through this, but maybe it's time to get some counseling or support for yourself.

This has to affect the children, please keep them safe and don't let them go in the car with him.

I am glad you joined us and hope you find some clarity here.

Hugs