Trying to figure out if my husband is using.

Old 08-12-2017, 09:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Trying to figure out if my husband is using.

Hi im new here and recently it was brought to my attention that my husband may be smoking crack. Recently in his car i have found empy pen shells. I have also found burnt springs that come from inside of the pen. I have been googling and researching about this and I think I have come to the conclusion that he may be using. I asked him about the things that i found in his car and he got angry but he didnt deny it. Lately he been sleeping all the time. He up for 3-4 day at a time. I dont want to believe it but based on the things that i have found im knowing that it is true. I just want to know for sure.
Old 08-12-2017, 09:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

The signs are there....
Old 08-12-2017, 09:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I just want to know for sure.
Your eyes see what they see………instruments used for smoking crack.

Your ears here what they hear……his anger and denial, cornerstones of addiction.

What more do you really need?
Old 08-13-2017, 01:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Don't torture yourself and drive yourself insane. We all have done it. If it's in front of your eyes there's your answer. May sound blunt but that's the truth. It's awful and you will do anything to try and convince yourself otherwise and the addicts lies and explanations can be so easy to fall for as we WANT to believe them as much as they want us to.
Where do you feel you will go from here?
Old 08-13-2017, 11:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

probably not crack - possibly meth, oxys, heroin. the burnt springs make no sense. could be snorting just about anything.

but here's the deal - it ain't normal. and there is NO reasonable sounding alternative. nobody stays up 3-4 days without some type of "help".

trust what you see. don't believe his excuses.
Old 08-14-2017, 08:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Trust your gut.

Now....what is your next step? Spend time focusing on that.....
Old 08-14-2017, 05:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

for me - what I learned to say & trust was "more will be revealed" & "what I need to know, will come to my knowledge"

for me it was about trusting my HP & looking at life with unbias eyes

and then there was always "if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, talks like a duck - it's probably a duck"

So sweetie - take care & do what is healthy for you,
Old 08-14-2017, 09:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yeah, I was going to say meth myself. Mine would stay up all the time, then crash. HARD. And sleep for days.

He often used empty pen casings to inhale the smoke as the crystals burned on tinfoil.

Look for used foil.
Smell might be similar to cat p*ss if he uses a lot.
Mine went into super angry rages.
Forgetfulness, strange thinking

I was pregnant and needed to move my old desk into the nursery. He said he'd do it. A week passed. I asked him again and he did it. He was kind of in a hyper mood so he had energy.

Fast forward 2 weeks and he came flying up the stairs while I was watching T.V. and asked me why I moved that desk into the nursery. "I heard you moving it! When the f*** DID YOU MOVE IT?"

He was in a rage.

Me: "You did it a while ago."

Him: "BULLS***! WHY DID YOU JUST MOVE IT WHEN I TOLD YOU I WOULD DO IT?"

Me: "What is wrong with you?"

He got so angry, he punched the wall. Left the house. That was one of the last straws for me. Little things had added up. I looked in the storage shed in the backyard. Never went out there, but he did to tinker with his tools. Found tinfoil used up, glass tubes, empty pen casings, and the smell was like chemicals and urine.

I was 39 weeks pregnant. My heart broke. I went to my mother's house.

He said he'd quit, that he "wasn't addicted, just using to get through work." He cleaned out the shed. The next week, I found more pen casings in his car's glove compartment. He had just moved "shop" so to say.

You can look around online for other smells/signs. I was obsessed with figuring out what it was that he did. I believe I came here and people helped clue me in. It sounds like meth, but.... as others said... could be other things too.

Just remember that once you do identify it, you may become obsessed with finding evidence and clues. I did. I lived with that paranoia for weeks until we moved to another city, he lost his drug contacts, and he stopped. I know he stopped. You can just tell. He was sweating such acidic fluids when he slept that the sheets were bleached from it. His teeth were fried. Spent almost 10k to get his teeth back to normal.
Old 08-15-2017, 04:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

There isn't much that looks like drug use...besides drug use.

Trust your instincts, don't depend on him for "honest" answers or promises he may not be able to keep, and make a plan for yourself in the days ahead.

For some reason, even long after I "knew" for certain that my son was a drug addict, I was obsessed with finding "proof", looking for his stash, checking his pupils, catching him in lies....when all that did was wear me out. I knew what I knew and the "proof" was perhaps my own denial needing to be convinced that my loving son and good person had sold himself to the devil of addiction.

Trust your instincts, they will rarely let you down.