Notices

Day 83......

Old 08-12-2017, 07:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 83......

It's been 83 days. I still wonder if I will ever not be tired every single day and whether my digestive system will ever be normal again? I am sure both things will sort themselves out, eventually, but jeez.

I feel great though and super proud of myself. I wonder why I didn't just 'do' this sooner because every bit of suffering has been worth it. I try not to think of all the time I wasted being a drunk. I try to think of it as something I had to go through to get to where I am today. I have lots of time left to enjoy my life sober.

A week after I quit drinking I returned to the gym and have concentrated on eating healthy. Which is also paying off. I am down over 5% bodyfat and up almost 2% muscle. I am at a size I haven't seen in years. I really let my health go the last couple/three of years of drinking and was in a really overweight, unhealthy, weak state. I am glad I made this choice as well because it is now helping me to stay committed to remain sober.

My counter says I have saved $996 myself. This doesn't even account for the additional booze I bought so my husband would drink with me. When I stopped drinking, he stopped drinking. He finished off a bottle of Amaretto he had in the first couple of weeks, but since then. Nothing. Not because he had a drinking problem, but because he didn't. I wasn't bringing him home booze to drink and he doesn't feel the need to go get any.

It was a tough week at work. High stress and frustrating and I ended up alone for a night because my husband had to go out of town to deal with an emergency. Wow, what a trigger that was. It didn't last long, but it took me off guard. Instantly it popped into my head that I could go get some wine and drink as much as I wanted and no one would ever know! Last night, at the end of one of the most stressful weeks I have had in a very long time, I had the thought about drinking myself into oblivion to forget it for a while. I didn't, but I thought it.

So, I have a question about that. I have lurked around reading posts here and there, but if I did in fact get too close to actually having that drink...where do I go to post and have someone remind me right away of all the reasons I don't want to do that? What forum or thread is active like that where I can get a reply super fast?

To deal with this week, rather than drink myself into oblivion, I was a rebel and ate Chinese Food and used a lot, I mean A LOT, of swear words while I ranted about it to my husband.

I will stop tooting my own horn now and wish everyone a great day! Thanks for listening!
Old 08-12-2017, 08:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi. Great job!
I think here is a great place to post. It seems to be the most active.
Lots of good things going on in your post.
I can relate to my digestive system still being off (52 days)
Life continues to be pretty stressful but it's manageable whilest sober for me. The alternative is a literal $#*t show. All good on that!
GL, you're doing great!!
Jules
Old 08-12-2017, 08:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
under new management

Welcome, Meredith!! And, congrats on 83 days

Old 08-12-2017, 08:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I reckon here would be best to post with a new thread title that says clearly that you need support.
I reckon people here would respond to that quickly.
Old 08-12-2017, 09:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jules714 View Post
Hi. Great job!
I think here is a great place to post. It seems to be the most active.
Lots of good things going on in your post.
I can relate to my digestive system still being off (52 days)
Life continues to be pretty stressful but it's manageable whilest sober for me. The alternative is a literal $#*t show. All good on that!
GL, you're doing great!!
Jules
Hi - I feel you when it comes to feeling tired and blah still. I am on day 48 today. Roller coaster of a ride isn't it! I have my good days and bad days with the physical and mental part of sobriety. I myself have not craved the poison..TG. Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone with how you feel.
AWESOME job though with your sobriety!! Toot toot!
Old 08-12-2017, 11:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Old 08-12-2017, 04:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

So, I have a question about that. I have lurked around reading posts here and there, but if I did in fact get too close to actually having that drink...where do I go to post and have someone remind me right away of all the reasons I don't want to do that? What forum or thread is active like that where I can get a reply super fast?
This is a busy forum so I'd post here.

Depending on the time of day it might not be super fast but I reckon you'll get a response

I felt a lot better physically and mentally after 90 days Meredith-I hope you will too