Notices

Made it

Old 08-11-2017, 08:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Made it

I posted earlier about an award I got at work. I went out to celebrate with a bunch of my friends and they wanted champagne. My friends did celebrate with champagne and actually poured me a glass which I kindly put down. What idiots, they know I don't drink. After we went to the bar/restaurant and I ordered food. Went to a second place with a bad and at 11 I left. My hubby stayed out and we had already talked about it.

I am really disappointed at my friends. I see them all drinking and doing some drugs which I didn't even know before about. I have only been into booze and pot. Now I am figuring out they're taking some kind of pills and Coke. We are almost 40... Now I feel judgy for being disappointed at them. Who am I to say anything, specially after all my shenanigans through the years. I guess I can only lead by example.

Night night guys!
Old 08-11-2017, 09:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

When I did used to go to office parties, a good few years before now, I always found there was always a little group within the office that had become their own little hard drugs corner. I know because I was one of them! It's crazy what you'll find at even companies you'd think were very wholesome.

How did you find it? Because if you found that rough then is there any way you can avoid going places where anyone would pour you a drink?
Old 08-11-2017, 09:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

They always have drinks everywhere. All of them are drinkers. These are my real life friends, not friends from work. Alcohol is not allowed at my work functions .

This is not about them, this is about me and I think they're all idiots. They all seem so foolish and I never want to be like that again. I am very upset that they poured me a drink because I have been serious about this for a long time and like I said in my other post I haven't drank with them for 3 1/2 years so I don't know why they thought that today would be any different. I am also disappointed at that too .
Old 08-11-2017, 09:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think pouring a drink for someone who you know doesn't want it is out of line and it's entirely reasonable to be upset about that. Even if they don't understand it, they should respect it.

Oh right, I don't know why, for some reason I just had work function in my head now I realise you never wrote that. My bad!

Do they hang out at all without alcohol being involved? Or would they, if you asked to meet for coffee of whatever?Because I pretty much just avoid my friends when they are out getting drunk. It means I see them less, but enjoy seeing them a lot more.
Old 08-11-2017, 09:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

We hang out all the time doing all kinds of activities together that do not include alcohol. They have been my friends for years, some since college so for about 18 years. I really would like to find different friends though different people with other interests. I am really over going out like that, I just don't do it anymore. My hubby and I usually never go out because I go out of town almost every weekend so going out is a rarity but each time I do it is a disappointment. Well, it was OK. I did have some fun. But I am just disappointed to see them stuck in that time.
Old 08-11-2017, 09:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yeah, I think when you're drinking you're in such a different headspace that you don't realise how much of a bore you are. I used to drink around my girlfriend and never understood why she didn't want to get drunk with me, I was having a great time, why would she not want to join in? Was my logic.

I think until you've spent a night surrounded by people out of it stone cold sober, it just doesn't make sense. So it probably doesn't come from a bad place, at least with the exception of pouring you a drink.
Old 08-11-2017, 09:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

One of the girls was leaning on the bar in bumping into a guy over and over until he finally turned to her and said something and she got all mad and left. I think another one of them maybe made a pass at my husband but I didn't hear so well so I don't want to assume and get angry. I am waiting for him to get home to ask him what she said. I don't know... I trust my husband 100% but if she did I think that is really crummy and that's another exact example of why booze is so nasty. She would never do anything like that if she was sober. I overheard her tell another one she had vicodine. Ugh! They were talking about that weekend before and how drunk they got. They are weekend warriors and I used to be like that too and sometimes through the week. I was a terrible Binger and an expert on the alcoholic math: how many hours I can stay up plus amount of booze minus glasses or water divided by 3 Advil, blah blah blah. I'm so glad my eyes are open now.

And yes. Pouring me a drink was stupid.
Old 08-11-2017, 09:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well, see what your husband says with regards to that but if true then whoever that is isn't a friend regardless of alcohol. No matter how much I drank I never regarded something like that as excusable due to alcohol.

Your friends need to be very, very careful mixing vicodine and alcohol. That stuff is deadly. Double depressants can so easily lead to overdose.
Old 08-11-2017, 09:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I will never forgive it if it's true.

I'm not saying anything to them about what they are doing mixing. I don't know how I would approach it and I believe they know... right? Doesn't every adult (they went to college) know that mixing drinks is bad and even deadly? I know everybody suffers from it-won't-happen-to-me síndrome but I think they are aware of the risks.

Ugh!

I don't even know what I would say... specially after everything I have learned here as far as nobody waiting until they are ready to do so. It's 1am. Bars close in another hour...
Old 08-11-2017, 11:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

So no pass to hubby from friend... ufff what a relief. He said they were slurring by the end and one argued with the other's boyfriend...

Sounds lovely... NOT!