Affirmations

Old 08-11-2017, 11:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Affirmations

Affirmations:

We must translate thoughts into words and eventually into actions in order to manifest our intentions. This means we have to be very careful with our words, choosing to speak only those which work towards our benefit and cultivate our highest good. Affirmations help purify our thoughts and restructure the dynamic of our brains so that we truly begin to think nothing is impossible. The word affirmation comes from the Latin affirmare, originally meaning “to make steady, strengthen.”

Affirmations do indeed strengthen us by helping us believe in the potential of an action we desire to manifest. When we verbally affirm our dreams and ambitions, we are instantly empowered with a deep sense of reassurance.
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3527028
I live in the now. Each moment is new. I choose to see my self-worth.I love and approve of myself.

I now choose to create a life that is abundant. I am at ease.
Old 08-11-2017, 11:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Please add your own affirmations. Speaking them out loud three times in a row is powerful in getting them integrated into our new thought process and the "knowing" of the body.
Old 08-11-2017, 12:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Everything is transient. This too shall pass.

Everything is all right in the end. If it's not all right, it's not the end.

Even when I cannot feel joy in the moment, I know that joy will be there when I am again capable of feeling it.
Old 08-12-2017, 02:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I struggle w/the idea of affirmations, and some of the things I struggle with are talked about in this article. Here's the link for others who may have some of the same issues (and don't be put off by the title, it's NOT a put-down of affirmations, just explores some reasons for problems people may have w/them):
https://www.joshsteimle.com/influenc...dont-work.html
Old 08-12-2017, 03:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I use them like mantras when I do my walking meditations sometimes; so I tend to use short, easily memorable phrases that I can get mentally lost in repeating:

I am Enough.
I love & appreciate my body.
I love myself.
I trust myself.
I respect myself.
I am only responsible for Me.
I am exactly where I am supposed to be.
I am getting stronger every day.
Old 08-12-2017, 03:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FireSprite View Post
I use them like mantras when I do my walking meditations sometimes; so I tend to use short, easily memorable phrases that I can get mentally lost in repeating
FS, I will do something similar when walking or running. I choose a thought, then come up w/a phrase that works w/the breathing cycle of my run or walk.

For example, if I'm just walking w/the dogs, 4 beats in and 4 out is fine--Inbreath: "I am feeling" Outbreath: "calm and peaceful."

On the other end of that, if I'm working hard running, say during a hill workout, 2 beats in and 2 out--Inbreath: "Up and" Outbreath: "over."

Have you read the book "Breathwalk"? https://www.amazon.com/Breathwalk-Br.../dp/0767904931

Eeee, sorry for the hijack--back to affirmations!
Old 08-12-2017, 04:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Honeypig, those totally count as affirmations in my book! Positive self-talk. Setting expectations for myself.

This song/choreography is something I've watched and sang with many many times. https://youtu.be/b4SYofTZLvs

Same thing... getting new input into my brain and body. Adding rhythm, beat and movement helps.

I've started doing bucket drumming and body percussion this past year. Your post is inspiring me to combine these with positive affirmations. Yes, feeling and believing them makes all the difference!