Notices

I feel hungover at 15 days!!

Old 08-11-2017, 07:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I feel hungover at 15 days!!

I made it past 2 weeks and am now on day 15 (go me!)..
I slept really badly last night, bad dreams, half waking, sleep talking, distress. Today I feel like I have a hangover!! (In reality I know its nowhere near as bad as a real hangover but I do feel groggy). I have aches, feel sick and hungry, heavy headed, a bit down mood-wise - totally feel like rubbish. Does anyone else ever have this?
Old 08-11-2017, 07:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I feel the same way this morning after several years of sobriety. I experience "hangover" type feelings from time to time if I have troubled sleep or indulge in too much food the night before, especially sugar. The good news is it's not from drinking and doesn't come with any baggage or worries about the night before.

Congratulations on 15 days! :-)
Old 08-11-2017, 08:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
The road goes on forever

Yep... It happens to me sometimes too.
Old 08-11-2017, 09:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Yes, it happens to me sometimes. I hate it. Usually I can blame it on too much sugar and/or junk food, or dehydration from not drinking enough water. Take care to eat well, drink plenty of water, and exercise - that's the best you can do. Plus, at 15 days, believe it or not, you are still detoxing. It could just be that. It'll get better.
Old 08-11-2017, 01:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes, I am at 35 days and still in pain. If you drank for a long time, it's going to take a long time for physical recovery (so I am told...)
Old 08-11-2017, 04:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Actually I felt pretty good at 90 days and I had a pretty rough detox, so I suppose it depends on peoples definition of long

it seemed long at the time, for sure, but I look back and it was just a blip really

Hope you'll continue to improve and feel better AK

D
Old 08-12-2017, 03:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Your body is slowly healing. It IS sick. And with your interrupted sleep of course you're feeling crappy.
It will pass. Give it time. Rest, hydrate and baby yourself. Maybe get out in the sun for half an hour or so (this helps my mood). It get's better I promise.
Congrats on 15 days. The first few months are the hardest, but you have started your journey and exciting things are to come!