Notices

4th Time going through recovery and trying to make it last!

Old 08-11-2017, 01:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

4th Time going through recovery and trying to make it last!

To start off I'm here because I have had about a 14 year long stint with alcohol, and about 3 yrs with cocaine. I've tried rehab and to quit on 3 different occasions in the past. I'll be 29 in October. During this period I have totaled 3 cars and acquired an ovi in which I almost perished in 2013. I had a bad brain bleed from the wreck. I was on trial due to the ovi for a year and in 2014 I decided to take a court ordered treatment plan in a recovery facility for addicts. All of 2014 I was sober, then New Years of 2015 hit and it all came crashing down. 2 yrs later and it's 2017 and I'm still in the fight of my life to end this addiction to what most would call liquid gold for me. I'm on day four of recovery.

This is my story and thanks for allowing me The opportunity to be here!
Old 08-11-2017, 01:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR GreatEscapade

D
Old 08-11-2017, 01:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee, I'm happy to be here! 😊
Old 08-11-2017, 02:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Great,

When I was younger I got into trouble w booze and had to go to awareness classes.

I didn't pay attention. I didn't learn. 30 years later, the Internet saved me.

When I learned about the science of my addiction I have been able to embrace sobriety.

It is all about getting our dopemin and endorphin production normalized. I believe booze alters this.

My wife, pretty much a non drinker for life, just sits around and gets happy. She cycles into frustrating occurances, but several times a day, she is just a happy girl.

Normal dopemin .

I am still not there, at 2 plus years sober. But, I know this and am willing to except it. I know that booze will reverse the hellishly earned progress I am making.

I believe it takes several years to naturally heal. I believe drinking would quickly reverse all that progress.

Knowing this a huge part of the strength in turning a proud shoulder to brain altering substances forever.

Thanks.
Old 08-11-2017, 02:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GreatEscapade25 View Post
To start off I'm here because I have had about a 14 year long stint with alcohol, and about 3 yrs with cocaine. I've tried rehab and to quit on 3 different occasions in the past. I'll be 29 in October. During this period I have totaled 3 cars and acquired an ovi in which I almost perished in 2013. I had a bad brain bleed from the wreck. I was on trial due to the ovi for a year and in 2014 I decided to take a court ordered treatment plan in a recovery facility for addicts. All of 2014 I was sober, then New Years of 2015 hit and it all came crashing down. 2 yrs later and it's 2017 and I'm still in the fight of my life to end this addiction to what most would call liquid gold for me. I'm on day four of recovery.

This is my story and thanks for allowing me The opportunity to be here!
Welcome!
Old 08-11-2017, 02:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by D122y View Post
Great,

When I was younger I got into trouble w booze and had to go to awareness classes.

I didn't pay attention. I didn't learn. 30 years later, the Internet saved me.

When I learned about the science of my addiction I have been able to embrace sobriety.

It is all about getting our dopemin and endorphin production normalized. I believe booze alters this.

My wife, pretty much a non drinker for life, just sits around and gets happy. She cycles into frustrating occurances, but several times a day, she is just a happy girl.

Normal dopemin .

I am still not there, at 2 plus years sober. But, I know this and am willing to except it. I know that booze will reverse the hellishly earned progress I am making.

I believe it takes several years to naturally heal. I believe drinking would quickly reverse all that progress.

Knowing this a huge part of the strength in turning a proud shoulder to brain altering substances forever.

Thanks.
I agree knowledge is key in becoming and staying sober. And also having a plan to accompany the knowledge can be golden. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and my fiancé is just like your wife she's never had a drink except in church.
Old 08-11-2017, 02:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tomls View Post
Welcome!
Thanh you, I'm happy to be here! 😊