Notices

Day 1 again.

Old 08-09-2017, 02:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1 again.

Why is it so hard to get past day 4 ? When I get up in the morning my intention is not to drink but on my way home from work the craving to drink is overwhelming. So tired of this pattern......
Old 08-09-2017, 03:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Dlink - welcome

If you know day 4 is a problem for you have you ever thought about making a plan for that day so you won;t drink?

Posting here, either asking for help for yourself, or helping others, is a good way to build up some 'sober muscles'

I'm glad you've joined us

D
Old 08-09-2017, 03:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You have to pull the strength to NOT drink. Do you have alcohol in the home? Get rid of it. Pass your fave watering hole or store on the way home from work? DRIVE PAST it. Going home from work was always the hardest time, for me in my early days. My favorite bar is literally around the corner from my house. The more you DON'T give in, the easier it will get. Maybe catch an AA or other meeting on the way home instead. And I'm sure people will tell you that you need a Recovery Plan. Do you have one? It would work heaps for these times when you are being tempted.
Old 08-09-2017, 03:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Dlink. Yes, that was me as well. Strong in my resolve to not drink in the morning. After lunch, that resolve had just melted away. Another idea is to have a snack and drink some water before you leave work. I always found that my cravings were harder to fight when I was hungry and thirsty.
Old 08-09-2017, 05:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your support. It definitely helps.
Old 08-09-2017, 05:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Remember that it gets easier. Those first few days you are climbing up a steep hill, but shortly after that a couple things happen. First, the hill is not so steep. Second, you condition your body to climb better. Falling down the hill and starting over from day 1 makes the journey much more difficult. Make a plan and get past day 3, 4, 5, and you will see that things will start to get easier for you. Also, nice job on jumping back into Day 1! Many folks slip and don't start the climb again for weeks or months.