Notices

Detox question...

Old 10-22-2004, 03:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Detox question...

Okay, what vitamins, minerals, should I be taking now that I've decided to quit drinking? I can't afford a doctor, so I'm going to have to do this on my own. In the past I've always taken C, B-complex, potassium, and folic acid b/c I read somewhere that these are the ones that are depleted the most. Oh, and a multivitamin... and a huge bottle of juice.
Old 10-22-2004, 03:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dan

Any and all of the above.
Plenty of fruits and veggies, regular exercise.
All this will help your body flush itself. A healthier body is good for our minds.
And sorry I missed you coming in Dave.
Welcome!
Old 10-22-2004, 04:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

...and drink lots of bottled water, avoid foods that are high in refined sugar and refined carbohydrates( white sugar and white bread are good examples), there is an herb that helps to detox the liver called "milk thistle" and is also very soothing to the digestive system. Also there is a detox bath: one cup of epson salt, one cup baking soda, and one cup of old fashioned oatmeal in a sock or tied up in a clean cloth and used as a sponge(so it does not clog the drain) in a tub of very hot water soak until water is tepid. You must drink water along with this bath as it does draw fluids out of your body. You might also wish to shower off with cold water to close your pores!!! You might also want to take vitamin e and blue green algae(which has all the trace minerals and complete essential amino acids)
Old 10-22-2004, 04:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks a bunch, guys. I actually have some milk thistle, and that bath sounds interesting.

I'll keep everyone updated. I know I can do this as long as I have some decent, sober people to talk to.
Old 10-22-2004, 04:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

dont forget the water. Lotsa water... Every cell in your body uses it to do their various cellular jobs -
a rule of dehydration - by the time our bodies crave water - dry mouth, parched throat, etc - were already well into dehydration - so keep a steady throughput of water -
Old 10-22-2004, 09:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Hopefully Healing Up

welcome Dave

Really cant add too much about what has been put out already. Am I the only one that notices we know way too much about this subject....just checking
Old 10-23-2004, 09:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Chy

*LOL* Roy!

Darn alkies, we have all the remedies no? What everyone else said, sounds like your off to a good start!