So confused..

Old 08-04-2017, 11:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So confused..

My dad is on meth and he says its been for a long time he is also selling it. His mother is dying so basically he takes care of her all day (she has two months or so we are told) and at night he goes looking to score as he calls it. I recently found out that the people he has taking care of her are also on meth and was stealing her pain meds, so they put her on patches. Social servies ran off everyone except my dad but now he has 4 more living there. I really fear for my grand and gramps safety. He says he doesn't want help that he dosent want to stop its helping with how much pain he's in. He can't see the damage around him that he's causing. Theres alot more thats going on but thats the jist of it. I don't know what to do of I can do anything I feel so helpless.
Old 08-04-2017, 12:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Jinxy,

I'm sorry, that is a lot to deal with. One should not have to deal with and worry about one's parents and your grandparents as well.

There are many good threads and "stickies" to read here on Sober Recovery. This forum has helped me tremendously.
Old 08-04-2017, 01:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

those are some awful situations. and yet you are very limited into what you DO to change the circumstances. i'm so sorry. meth is a terrible terrible drug.

the only action item that might have any effect would be to contact social services directly? express your concerns? perhaps call the police?