Im still in shock

Old 08-03-2017, 09:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Im still in shock

Hello All
Its been awhile since I posted ... so some quick updates

I was finally awarded temp spousal support in June - STBXAH however has not paid a dime

STBXAH filed motion to strike the temp spousal support in July - thankfully judge denied his motion ( I'm still shocked he can put down the vodka to file all these motions - total of 10 so far)

So today (August) STBXAH has filed a motion to modify the temp spousal support -- hmmmm is this real ? he filed a motion on something has not made one payment on ...

by the way my attorney filed a motion for contempt last week so I'm sure that prompted his motion to modify

I wonder will the judge even think about a verdict on his motion and he has not even tried to pay $5.00? thoughts ?

I'm sorry friends but I must say it " I can not believe I put myself in this situation " ( I'm still trying to keep moving ahead and stay positive but sometimes I just have to wonder "why" )
Old 08-03-2017, 09:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Let him dig his hole. You're gonna get thru this. Breathe. Relax. You're doing just fine =)
Old 08-03-2017, 11:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

OMG.... my first reaction was to laugh. Not at your situation, Saving, b/c that is really hard - I'm perpetually waiting for AXH to pay child support or his 1/2 of DS's medical expenses. - But I wanted to laugh at the fact that your STBXAH thinks that in the space of 1 month there will have been any kind of change significant enough for the court to reconsider what it _just_ decided.

Oh, the court is going to get annoyed with him. To say that not paying anything and then filing to change the order will look bad to the court is very likely an understatement.
Old 08-03-2017, 11:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

does your ex have an attorney? should he be allowed to pay his attorney for these endless motions but NOT pay a dime in support?

if this keeps up, would you consider just dropping it so he'll go away? or is the support necessary for survival?
Old 08-03-2017, 11:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

the support is really needed. Our life style was maintained by my credit but sustained by both our incomes.

No he does not have an attorney. I forgot to mention the judge ordered him to pay my attorney fee's on our last visit to court hopefully this will be the continued order. ( because it is apparent that STBXAH is stalling
Old 08-03-2017, 11:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Give em the rope and they hang themselves.......figuratively speaking. You see it over and over again. This will eventually tick the judge off, likely quite badly.
Old 08-03-2017, 11:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

what a champ, huh?

thanks savingme. i know that sometimes we get so caught up in "winning" and "i'll show you" that we let things drag on endlessly and forget what the original "prize" was! and sometimes it IS worth it to "lose" a little, if it means they will just GO AWAY. Mars preferably!
Old 08-03-2017, 11:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

the honest truth is this is not a Win for me .. I'm no longer looking for the win Because ... my win would be saving my marriage, the man I married to Not be a "functioning " alcoholic but a man that leads his home , provides safety, offers love, companionship, fun and we grow old as one < I would never tell anyone he did not financially support his family ( I have had people ask we why was I not just satisfied with the financial piece and ignore the rest lmbo ) but the we grow old as one was not possible it would always be three (me , stbxh and vodka) I could not win against the lowest grain of vodka ... it hurt , I'm past it .. all that is left is the business piece to be completed and off I go ... don't care where he goes .. he wouldn't wanna go where I would suggest he go