Notices

Sitting here thinking of all the people i have buried

Old 08-01-2017, 06:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sitting here thinking of all the people i have buried

From this disease, the youngest in their 20s eldest in their 40s, I remember at 17 going to see my cousin who was 40 in the hospital, bright yellow begging god for one more chance and he would stop drinking, but it was too late, I have buried so many family members from this cruel disease, I am from a very large Irish family, my mum only ever had a guiness now and again, my dad gave up drinking when I was born, they had me late I am the baby of the family, but even now cousins that were hard drinkers and I mean hard drinkers have all packed it up, they dont want to go the same way the others did, blooming frightening when I think of seeing them all laid out in the coffins, bloody poison
Old 08-01-2017, 06:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Convincing.
Old 08-01-2017, 06:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sorry I dont understand ?
Old 08-01-2017, 06:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

bixbees you think its not true, unfortunetly it is, this is my cousin (one of them) who was murdered, they were both alcoholics, I identified her 8 months after identifying her two younger brothers, I wish none of it was true but it is Dean Williams faces murder charge after girlfriend Mary ...
Dean Williams faces murder charge after girlfriend Mary Malkin throttled to death at Margate flat in 2005
Old 08-01-2017, 07:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mummyto2 View Post
bixbees you think its not true, unfortunetly it is, this is my cousin (one of them) who was murdered, they were both alcoholics, I identified her 8 months after identifying her two younger brothers, I wish none of it was true but it is Dean Williams faces murder charge after girlfriend Mary ...
Dean Williams faces murder charge after girlfriend Mary Malkin throttled to death at Margate flat in 2005
I don't think Bix was saying they don't believe you. More that your share is hard hitting and helpful as Bix looks for motivation to dig deep for continued commitment to sobriety.

Maybe I'm wrong, but Bix is generally encouraging and supportive, so its unlikely that is different today. I'm sure Bix will be along at some point to clarify.

Sometimes if I respond using my Mobile phone (which I'm a bit rubbish at using) or am in a rush my responses end up being very short and sometimes people misunderstand me. I think it's one of the down sides to communicating online rather than face to face.

BB
Old 08-01-2017, 07:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

PS - so sorry for your losses. Especially poor Mary. That news report makes for sorry reading. How tragic. Funny, the bit that really stuck out for me was the boarded windows and lack of electricity and light. The chaos and unmanageability that comes with alcoholism, really at its hight here. Very sad x
Old 08-01-2017, 07:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sorry if I got it wrong bixbees, sometimes I interpret differently
Old 08-01-2017, 07:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you berrybean, perhaps reading Marys story it may help someone I hope