Notices

a royal hangover.

Old 07-30-2017, 05:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

a royal hangover.

this is hands down the best documentary I can find which explains alcohol for the drug it is. I wish I had this information when I was a teenager, when alcohol seemed cool and alluring. This would have been a big red flag like the talks and warnings I heard about class A drugs, which actually kill less people. Really could identify with the addicts on here and at the end a sobering look at the future of the path of alcoholism. Best £5 spent on a movie. will link trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTQNzjmmVSI
Old 07-30-2017, 05:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

"In this country - we drink to numb" Britain in a nutshell.
Old 07-30-2017, 06:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ive watched so many documentaries like 'addicted', 'intervention', HBOS 'risky drinking'. But this one to me was different, it explains alcohol as a drug, notjust a little innocent drink. It just makes so much sense and when you look at it all laid out like that, what we are doing to ourselves is crazy! alcoholics or not, we as a nation are just silently poisoning ourselves, thinking we are having a great time! I really hope the next generation get a better message, and instead of profits from taxation stopping it, the truth gets out there. Like we are the generation that learnt about smoking when the evidence got to strong to ignore, and took action.
Old 07-30-2017, 07:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by noturningback2 View Post
Ive watched so many documentaries like 'addicted', 'intervention', HBOS 'risky drinking'. But this one to me was different, it explains alcohol as a drug, notjust a little innocent drink. It just makes so much sense and when you look at it all laid out like that, what we are doing to ourselves is crazy! alcoholics or not, we as a nation are just silently poisoning ourselves, thinking we are having a great time! I really hope the next generation get a better message, and instead of profits from taxation stopping it, the truth gets out there. Like we are the generation that learnt about smoking when the evidence got to strong to ignore, and took action.
I like the look of this documentary so I will check it out at some point. I think the difference between this and the smoking scenario is that all the people that hold the power to change anything will more than likely be drinkers, drinkers with the same "drink in moderation" mindframe.
Old 07-30-2017, 07:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SeanFox87 View Post
I like the look of this documentary so I will check it out at some point. I think the difference between this and the smoking scenario is that all the people that hold the power to change anything will more than likely be drinkers, drinkers with the same "drink in moderation" mindframe.
True, but once in the not so distant past almost everyone smoked too. It took a very long time to slowly became less socially acceptable. But I agree they will probably always say that it should be consumed in moderation...when the truth is, not many people do. Not all are alcoholics, sure, but not many young people especially 'drink responsibly' either. As you see in A&E and police stations every single weekend across the country. I have to hope one day the message and truth about how addictive alcohol is, how it also as dangerous, if not more so than drugs, and how it can be life destroying to some people, becomes more widely known earlier in a child/teens life.

I don't know if it would have changed how my life panned out, maybe I would have always become an addict in some way or another.Maybe that's my personality. But ive never smoked as I was afraid of the black lungs on the posters, I have never taken a drug because I was convinced I would be the one person that gets something dodgy and die. But yet I went on to become an alcoholic, because I wasn't afraid of trying alcohol. Its given me a very different perspective on the ingrained habit of alcohol, and how normalised it is. I'm glad to no longer be part of that nonsense.
Old 07-30-2017, 09:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Alcohol for sure would be a tough one to tackle as it's been embedded in societies for literally thousands of years, rakes in massive amounts of income to cities, states, and local business, it still glamorised as something being perfectly acceptable social behavior, etc.
The war on smoking was quite successful, but I unfortunately don't see anything like that turning to alcohol anytime soon. With things now with the opioid epidemic taking the front seat, the battles over marijuana legalization, etc,.. Education for sure needs to be stepped up to the dangers of alcohol.
Old 07-30-2017, 10:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

If you've got Amazon Prime, you can watch it on Amazon video for free.

That's tonight's TV sorted.
Old 07-30-2017, 10:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

its a great watch!!