Notices

Best supplements

Old 07-27-2017, 04:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Best supplements

Just a question about supplements/vits/minerals

I am only 4 days in and I have spent that last few years getting most of my nutrition from beer and take-aways.

I only have to sort myself out with food as my two lads eat at their mums before I get home so I know I can whip up something generally decent for myself but was wondering if there are any supplements people can recommend to help extra boost of energy (not MDMA!!!) and to assist general well being

thanks ex pongo
Old 07-27-2017, 04:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

The members are welcome to share their personal experience only. Any recommendations would be violating our Rule#10. It's best to be safe and speak with your Doctor concerning supplements.

10. Medical Advice: No Posts giving medical advice, medication advice, or psychiatric advice. Do not use the forum to give or ask for professional medical or psychiatric advice. If you are a medical professional, please remember the forums and chat are for peer support only and not to be used for distributing professional medical advice and/or using the forum to represent your professional services. Medical and Psychiatric advice includes giving a diagnosis, treatment plan, medication advice and dosage suggestions, over the counter and natural home remedies that should be approved by medical professionals. Detox can be dangerous and life threatening at times. Please consult with your physician.
Old 07-27-2017, 04:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by expongo291 View Post
I only have to sort myself out with food as my two lads eat at their mums before I get home so I know I can whip up something generally decent for myself but was wondering if there are any supplements people can recommend to help extra boost of energy (not MDMA!!!) and to assist general well being

thanks ex pongo
expongo, you have 4 days, which is awesome, but 4 days is extremely early and your body is going to require some time to heal from however long you were putting poison into it.
id suggest seeing your doctor and getting a blood test done to find out whats what before diving into supplements.
Old 07-27-2017, 05:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

personal experience only...

I was a toxic mess.

Early on...first few days...I was not taking supplements. I ate as healthy as possible, exercised, and slept, slept, slept...12 hours sometimes.

I ate a lot of sweet stuff. Sugary stuff. It helped w the cravings.

I had hellish anxiety and paranoia. I was lucky to get out of my addiction depth w out losing my job. I got clean w out any meds. I have some ptsd from my recovery.

Now, I take a muli vit, a b supplement, and krill oil. All from Costco.

I drink some coffee now. That is my new DOC.

Early on, I would curl up in a ball and suffer. This hell scared me for life.

I will never drink again.

Thanks.
Old 07-27-2017, 06:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi expongo.

I take a vitamin d supplement at the recommendation of my doctor. I also take vitamin b and adult gummy multivitamins. Aside from the d, I honestly can't attribute any positives to the others (though I haven't been sick in ages). So it may be a wash.

Speaking of water, drink lots of it.
Old 07-27-2017, 07:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
~sb

my doctor suggested that I get some gatorade stuff and make a 50-50 blend with water (filtered is what I use) so that I got more nutrients (necessary electrolytes).
Old 07-27-2017, 09:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Expongo,

Congrats on 4 days! That's awesome. It will get better and better, and you will FEEL better and better once your body starts healing, with good sleep and good nutrition. Amazing how our bodies respond to the lack of abuse.

I second the idea of a check with your doctor if you can. I was diagnosed while drinking heavily with vitamin deficiencies which I discovered can be a result of heavy drinking. Your doc can advise you.

I am eating so much better, drinking more water. I've lost weight and bloat and have much more energy. This is only after a couple months.

I think it's great you are aware of how much your health can improve. Use that as encouragement to keep going, for yourself, and for your sons.

Keep up the good work!
Old 07-28-2017, 08:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My doctor prescribed B-1 and folic acid (blood vitamins) to help my liver function. I hope that they're doing their thing!