Just checking in

Old 07-26-2017, 10:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just checking in

Every time I log on I get the pop up message that tells me I haven't posted in a while and you all want to hear what I have to say....

So.... Just want to check in and say that I'm hanging in there. I have good days and bad, don't we all?... I'm mostly good. Every once in a while I have a beautiful day, or part of a day, that I feel so much joy and gratitude. It seems to come out of nowhere....and I wonder how I can make that feeling last... And then I go back to feeling just... Good, mostly good. And that's okay too.
My boys are 4 and 5. They make me feel so crazy, and tired, and frustrated, and underqualified as a parent, and so scared for their future, and so so happy and grateful and amazed all at once.

I'm thankful for all of you here.... Especially you long-timers. It is so comforting to log in and see all of you who have helped me through so many difficult times. It feels like home.
I'm glad you're still here and haven't succumbed to the SR burnout for good!

I'll post more another day. Just wanted to check in and let you know I'm still here
Old 07-27-2017, 07:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi, kboys. Great to hear from you!
Glad you are doing well overall.
Hang in there.
Old 07-27-2017, 07:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

*hugs*

I'm glad you are still here.

I think having our kids drive us a little (sometimes a lot) crazy is all part and parcel of being a mom.... at least I sure hope so! I have every confidence you are doing a great job for your boys.

It's a cycle, slowly but surely you will have more of those good days. But as you know, life is life and "stuff" happens. Like you, I am so grateful for the tools I learned here at SR that help me deal with those hurdles in a much more healthy and productive manner.

Have a great day, you deserve it!
Old 07-27-2017, 08:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi friend! It's good to hear from you!

You are an amazing momma, they are lucky to have you. Never doubt that!
Old 07-27-2017, 08:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Kb,
So happy you hare having mostly good days. There are a lot of people on this forum who would love to post that!! Keep up the good work my friend, those little peeps are worth it!! Hugs!!
Old 07-27-2017, 08:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
under new management

Originally Posted by Kboys View Post
My boys are 4 and 5. They make me feel so crazy, and tired, and frustrated, and underqualified as a parent, and so scared for their future, and so so happy and grateful and amazed all at once.
I am not a parent, but I imagine this to be the epitome of parenting

Old 07-27-2017, 09:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Hey, great to hear from you! LOL, when I think back on what it was like having kids that age the overwhelming impression is TIRED. Glad to hear you are all doing well.

Don't be a stranger, OK?
Old 07-27-2017, 11:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks everybody
TIRED, yes, that too.
My co-worker, who has a 6 month old baby, just now told me she is 9 weeks pregnant AGAIN. So her babies will be 13 months apart. I was trying to be supportive and come up with all the positives of having them so close together.....
Mine are 15 months apart. OMG that first year after my second one was born... was pretty brutal. Tired does not even begin to cover it. That was the time that XAH's drinking really started to get out of control, so dealing with that on top of the two babies plus working... UGH, it's kind of all a blur, but we all survived!
I'm still often exhausted but at least I'm not getting up in the middle of the night to crying babies anymore, or being woken up by an angry slurring drunk!
Most nights these days I get a good rest and I'm VERY thankful for that.
Old 07-28-2017, 04:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

What are you doing for yourself? Are you getting to know yourself beyond being a wonderful, busy mom?

Keep on keeping on... go past the exhaustion. Sounds like you're doing great self work and all three of you are still healing. Kudos, Kboys!

KTF
Old 07-28-2017, 05:24 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kboys View Post
Hi, KBoys!! Long time no 'see'.

I have one boy, 7 yrs old, and I feel the same as you: crazy, tired, underqualified, and scared for his future. I question myself daily, even hourly.

Hang in there, and keep posting.

COD