Notices

Finding a new job...

Old 07-26-2017, 03:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Finding a new job...

Today I finally had the realization that I lost a hell of a job because of my ways. While my bottom didn't cause me to lose it "all" so to speak, I will be there in a few months if I don't find a job. The only problem is my ego won't allow me to flip burgers or clean bathrooms at this point. I'm also afraid if I go back to work too soon I'll get stressed and fall back into drinking. I want to take some time off to work AA and get through some steps to be grounded first.

So my question to all of you that started over, with a lot of qualifications, what did you do? Did you dive right in to finding a job or did you take some time off? Did you apply to any and every job or did you wait for the right opportunity to come your way?

As always thanks for the responses!
Old 07-26-2017, 03:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's a bit of a double-edge sword, isn't it! If you go back to work too soon, you could be stressed and drink. If you put off going to work, then financial problems will likely be stressful. Maybe you could take a middle-ground and try to find a less stressful job, or possibly work part-time. Then, when you feel stronger in your recovery, you could move on.
Old 07-26-2017, 03:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
It's a bit of a double-edge sword, isn't it! If you go back to work too soon, you could be stressed and drink. If you put off going to work, then financial problems will likely be stressful. Maybe you could take a middle-ground and try to find a less stressful job, or possibly work part-time. Then, when you feel stronger in your recovery, you could move on.
Sound advice