Notices

So.. this is my worst time of day as SAHM

Old 07-26-2017, 02:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So.. this is my worst time of day as SAHM

I am 2.5 days sober, and didn't drink most of last week! But.. this is the worst time of day for me. Being a SAHM is incredibly lonely and this is the time of day I usually looked at the clock and said "might as well have one". It definitely takes the loneliness away. So that is my struggle right now.
Old 07-26-2017, 02:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Congrats on your sobriety jbhall. Coming here at this time of the day to seek support is a great idea. Someone is almost always online here at SR to help you through tough times, both in the forums and even in the chat room. It's key to surround yourself with those who understand what you are going through and we do.
Old 07-26-2017, 02:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
The road goes on forever

Congrats on 2+ days sober.... Keep it up. Push through the cravings and grab something else to drink.. Soft drink or huge glass of water. Have a cookie... Or my favorite .. Stick you finger in jar of peanut butter! (My wife bought me my own jar!!).

Stay close to SR... It's Open all day and night!
Old 07-26-2017, 02:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So what do you do instead JB? Any hobbies? Anything you can do with the kid(s)? Do you exercise?

Whenever I have a weak time of day, and we all do, I do whatever I can to distract myself.
Old 07-26-2017, 02:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=CansOfOld;6551720]So what do you do instead JB? Any hobbies? Anything you can do with the kid(s)? Do you exercise?

Well, I cook and clean.. By this time of day, the chores are mainly done and the kids have zapped my energy. I do like to sew and craft. I exercise occasionally, which I'd like to get better about, but I usually take care of that in the mornings. I suppose this time of the day is the worst because my kids are all scattered with neighborhood friends and playdates which chains me to the house, and I start to get bored with chores. Maybe I need to do a little yoga or something this time of day..
Old 07-26-2017, 02:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Some Netflix with popcorn?
Old 07-26-2017, 02:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Glad to see you posting at vulnerable time...AND planning alternative action. I also struggle with this time of day. Appreciate your post.
Old 07-26-2017, 03:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm a SAHM also and early evenings are my biggest struggle time. In the first few days/weeks of sobriety, I found it important to create a new ritual. Before I figured out what that was, I just immersed myself in survival mode. Which was, sitting in a quiet room alone and eating twizzlers/checking in on SR. I also love listening to the Home Podcast. Now I've phased out the candy and like to have a Pelligrino or cup of coffee.
Old 07-26-2017, 03:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Ha! Love twizzlers ! Stay with us...stay strong.
Old 07-26-2017, 04:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Can you go for a walk?
Old 07-26-2017, 04:24 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

jb- replace booze with SR. Read- research, post- get involved- all day every day if that is what it takes. My lonely time is noght. SR helps.