Notices

how I miss my mother

Old 07-23-2017, 06:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

how I miss my mother

Just watched a movie. Reminded me how much I miss my mother. She was the greatest. She was always there when I was a kid after my father beat me up. She'd sooth me, patch up my wounds. She was always there for me no matter what. Whenever I struggled, she was there for me. She never gave up on me when others did.
Even though her love for me was boundless, she was hard on me when it was necessary.
I miss everything about her. Even though she has been gone for a while now, I carry not only my memories, but many of the things that meant a lot to her. The most important being a jacket. I don't know why, but that jacket means the world to me. She wore it all the time.
We traveled a lot together: Cayman Islands, Dommican Republic, Hawaii, Cozemel, Playa Del Carmen, a cruse to the Caribbean Islands.
Whenever I travel, I always take the cross that was layed on her casket so I know we are still traveling together and having a great time. Wouldn't want her to miss that.
She was a great cook. Nobody could beat her speggetti (sp). Her pigs in a blanket (a polish dish) was the best. Parogies (Polish) was the best. I feel bad for all the pain I caused her but I did what I could at the time to show her how much I loved her, and I think she knew it. John
Old 07-23-2017, 06:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Just so you know. Even though I was close to my mother, I had my own life. I was married for around eight years and have a child. Had a great career and traveled a lot on my own.
Had my own friends and personal life outside my family.
But my mother was my anchor. She kept my grounded. John
Old 07-23-2017, 07:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

She sounds like a wonderful woman. Mothers are matchless in their children's lives. I'm glad that, carrying her with, you can carry on.
Old 07-23-2017, 07:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your loss John, no matter how long ago.
She sounds like a remarkable woman

D
Old 07-23-2017, 07:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Your Mom left you the greatest gift of all ... her loving imprint on your heart.

John, you're truly blessed to have such wonderful memories to carry you through this life. Hold them close to you, always.
Old 07-23-2017, 08:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Your post definitely tugs with my heartstrings right now since I am home in Nay because my mom is in ICU. She has had many health challenges this year, and we almost lost her Thursday night. I have decided that before I leave I am going to tell her everything I want her to know, how much I love her, my favorite memories, how her strength and love helped shape the person I am today. I want to make sure she knows all of that because if I fly back home and something does happen I will have said everything I want to let her know.
Moms are amazing people.
Old 07-23-2017, 09:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Tell your parents you love them often if you still have the opportunity.....just sayn.
Old 07-23-2017, 09:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I love my mom too. She isn't just my mom but also my best friend. She is pretty sick now with heart and stomach troubles. She is 67. I pray I have the strength to stay sober when she passes. Even the thought hurts.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Your post definitely tugs with my heartstrings right now since I am home in Nay because my mom is in ICU. She has had many health challenges this year, and we almost lost her Thursday night. I have decided that before I leave I am going to tell her everything I want her to know, how much I love her, my favorite memories, how her strength and love helped shape the person I am today. I want to make sure she knows all of that because if I fly back home and something does happen I will have said everything I want to let her know.
Moms are amazing people.
I hope everything works out for your mom. Sounds like we both have been blessed. Take care. John
Old 07-24-2017, 06:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I met a nice young man the other day at the gym. He shared his plans for the future. Starts college this year. Has an academic schlorship (sp). He attributes everything to his parents. I'm sure his parents are very proud of him. John