Separation under the same roof

Old 07-23-2017, 02:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Separation under the same roof

Hello,

I am living under the same roof (seperate room) with recovering AW and 3 children. The years of intox and things that happened as a result have destroyed trust. Ex AW goes to AA meetings 4/5 nights a week.

I feel my life is in limbo - lack of emotional and physical connectivity is taking its toll. I don't want to not be part of of children's lives and feel wedged.

Any thoughts would be appreciated?

Thanks you
Old 07-23-2017, 03:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I had a very amicable divorce from my sober alcoholic husband. Nobody was cut out of anyone's lives. We are still good friends and spend holidays with our now-adult kids, whom we successfully co-parented.

Have you talked with a lawyer about your legal options (legal separation/divorce/custody/visitation)? Once you find out what those are, maybe you can discuss those options with your wife.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Anodes - Divorce or separation doesn't mean that either of you have to be out of the kids' lives. Most (healthy) divorced couples I know split time 50/50, one week on and one week off, sharing special events and holidays. Talk with an attorney. It can all be ok.