Notices

So Happy To Be Here

Old 07-21-2017, 08:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Seeking wisdom

So Happy To Be Here

Hi. As I write for my first time I am very sick from drinking. I will do anything to stop. I dont even know what to say because I have said it all a 1000 times and I feel like a liar and horrible person. I am so happy to be with all of you. I am willing to do anything to stop or die.
Old 07-21-2017, 08:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Whitejay,

Welcome! Sounds like now would be a perfect time to get yourself to a meeting. Don't know where you live but there's probably one happening within an hour or two. I think when people are at their most desperate, most willing, most open - that's when AA works best.

Bear in mind, I don't do AA, but I've not yet been at that point of desperation. But I keep it in my box of tools in case I do.

Of course, when I say AA, I mean any such group. In my area, AA is definitely the easiest meeting to find.

Good luck to you! If you keep that "willing to do anything" attitude, you will make it.
Old 07-21-2017, 08:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I could have written this 8 days ago. I was so sick and so terrified. After a quick trip to the emergency room and a couple days of medications to help with the withdrawals I am here on day 8 feeling so much better. I never thought I could stop either. I drank hard booze and wine daily for 6 years straight with no breaks inbetween. Believe me if I can do it, you can do it.
Old 07-21-2017, 09:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
The road goes on forever

Originally Posted by whitejay View Post
I dont even know what to say because I have said it all a 1000 times and I feel like a liar and horrible person. I am so happy to be with all of you. I am willing to do anything to stop or die.
Hey Welcome to SR

You are not alone... We all been there and many newcomers are here right now...... We are all here for each other.
Old 07-21-2017, 09:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Seeking wisdom

Thank you for your kind words. I will not give up this time. I dont want to die or kill someone driving. I can feel it. I sense it. If I dont stop forever one or both will happen.
Old 07-21-2017, 09:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Seeking wisdom

You've already inspired me. thank you
Old 07-21-2017, 10:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome Whitejay!

We're all here to support each other!

Kelly
Old 07-21-2017, 10:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Very happy to have you here, welcome to SR. Don't overlook the "or die" part of your statement, it happens. Sobriety is a much better life and good people here will help you.
Old 07-21-2017, 03:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

WELCOME. 1000 times and more for me. One bit of AA listenin' offered this little pearl of rocket science....that the definition of insanity is to continue to put into play the same actions- over and over and over again (the one's that do not work) and expect a different result.
How many times do we need to be hit in the face with a mallet before we realise it hurts?
Old 07-21-2017, 03:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome! We can relate to how you feel right now and yes- it's horrific, but you're choosing today to make it stop. I did the same thing and haven't regretted it for a moment. In fact, I'm happy. Imagine that? 😜 You can do this!