Notices

Old 07-20-2017, 05:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone.

I have been reading this site in the past year as I toyed with the idea of stopping and it has helped. Once again I am detoxing and it never gets easier. When will I learn! On day three and cannot shake the stomach pain and exhaustion. The chills thankfully are subsiding, and I have no appetite. I have lost too much work time, money, health, and relationships to this disease. I must not relapse because someone irritated me, principles over personalities, nor let my enthusiasm provide me with false confidence.

One thing I could really use from you is how to eat healthy post detox. I don't know what normal eating is anymore and I don't want to replace alcohol with a food addiction. Thanks for allowing me in and any food transition advice.

Rainsgirl
Old 07-20-2017, 05:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
The road goes on forever

Hi Rainsgirl --
Getting through the first week is the toughest..
As you know.... But I am hopeful you feel much better later today.

I can share with you my diet in the beginning... (I am no health nut either).

Just getting back to basics and easy to eat...

Cereal and milk.... It's a start !

Soup and crackers.... Yep, canned soup comes in dozens of kinds. It's not too costly and nourishing. They say, Chicken soup can cure anything... (well it can't hurt). Plain old Saltine Crackers are easy on the stomach too.

I'm still waking up... But these 2 things are what I lived on in the first days.
Old 07-20-2017, 05:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome Raingirl!
glad you are here
I'm sure someone will chime in to share their thoughts and experience as to your questions.
Just wanted to say it's good you posted! best wishes to you, and take it a day at a time.
Old 07-20-2017, 05:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Originally Posted by Rainsgirl View Post
When will I learn!
One thing I could really use from you is how to eat healthy post detox. I don't know what normal eating is anymore and I don't want to replace alcohol with a food addiction. Thanks for allowing me in and any food transition advice.

Rainsgirl
That's a valid question we all muttered to ourselves over and over. The great news is many of us do indeed begin to comprehend that sobriety is life or death choice. We became willing and made a decision enough was enough; sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Typically our bodies crave sugar as we eliminate alcohol. I supplanted this with way too many sweets. Smoothies are on the bill of fare now - some milk, strawberries and a banana. Lot's of fiber and natural sugar. Good anytime one can add or subtract whatever they choose.

Keep coming back, ya don' have to drink every again.
Old 07-20-2017, 05:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

RG- despite the danger time of detox for you is probably over, perhaps seeing your doc- to get a check up- including blood work may help.
Old 07-20-2017, 04:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Raingirl

to be honest I ate whatever I could keep down.

Nowadays I have a more sensible diet - lots of fruit and veges, and protein, not too many processed carbs or sugar, all in sensible portions.

D
Old 07-20-2017, 05:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
2/2016

I lost 35 pounds when I stopped drinking. No excercise! I ate a high protein low carbohydrate diet. I have kept it off. Good luck