Notices

Dear wine bottle

Old 07-15-2017, 09:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dear wine bottle

Dear wine bottle,

I write this letter to you with deepest regrets that we have no other option than to end/ obliterate our relationship.

Regrets because quite simply you were the love of my life and in the beginning you completed me, a beautiful bottle, golden inside, you sparkled in the sun, you made me happy and instilled a confidence in me like no other, as a child i never ever had.

You were my comfort on the rainy days and drove away my problems to the non existence realm, i felt strong around you, strong sexy and invincible, music sounded better with you, you made times fun and exciting, no matter what lifes lottery threw at me you had the uncanny ability to solve it all.

You were my rock, my block, my dependant, my best friend.

I truly relied on you.

And then you changed.

You began to turn your back on me, without me even noticing in my oblivion, my once loyal companion was morphing into a jelous little control freaky wine bottle.

You wanted me all to yourself, with no regards to anything or anyone in my life, getting me into alot, ALOT of trouble, making me reckless and stupid, on occasions endangering my own life and time after time you made me look like a complete fool!

20 odd years later it appears that you have devolved into a manipulating tiny little wine bottle, an abuser, a destructer, an enemy and have tried TRIED to rip everything away from me, my family, my friends, my relationships, my pride, my looks, my self esteem, my soul.

When i reject you, the spiteful side of you is clear to see, manifesting in horrendous anxiety, depression, self doubt and past regrets. I would not wish you on my worse enemy and have come to realisation that i no longer need you in my life!

As i look at you all empty and alone on that kitchen shelf, i pity you and then am over come with a sense of happiness that i will soon be smashing you to bits in the recycling bin

Take care tiny little wine bottle i hope never to see you ever again, ive got a life.
Old 07-15-2017, 10:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Alcohol is a jealous, narcisstic- completely self obsessed lover. It takes no prisoner, no quarter- it turns good people into monsters. It defies logic and when logical people try to understand it- they cannot. Only those who have broken their sick and twisted connection with it have any chance of truly understanding- although logic has to be used to fight it.
The wine bottle love can easily turn into the Whisky bottle love, or the cheap plastic bag wine (goon sack). Then our standards can go down- and lover will do...meths, perfume, hand sanitiser, cooking wine.
So a good letter. Keep a copy of it.. to remind you that this lover is best kept away.
Old 07-15-2017, 12:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Very creative, Keepthefaith, and true. Isn't it pitiful that we ever looked longingly at a liquid which caused us so much emotional and physical ruin?

PhoenixJ, your mention of the wine bag (goon sack) made me think of one time, when I bought some cheap boxed wine (thinking it would make less noise in the recycling bin), and then, in a fit of trying to quit, decided to pour it down the drain.

When I took the plastic bag out of the box, I held it up to the light, and it looked like an IV bag in the hospital, filled with urine or some other awful liquid. I realized that in effect I had been and was willing to hang that bag up next to me and let it drip through my veins, pour it through my organs.. filtering it through my liver, ruining my health.

Not so glamorous, when you look at it that way!
Old 07-15-2017, 02:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

no it is not.