Notices

One big hurdle down

Old 07-14-2017, 09:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

One big hurdle down

So last night I got through my day 2, which would have been the day I would usually drink because I was an every other day binge drinker.

Today was a little strange, a little fuzzy headed but that might just be my body adapting to getting some proper sleep for the first time in a long time.

Yesterday was pretty funny as I kid you not I felt somewhat buzzed off vitamins. Just eating lots of fruit and veg my body reacted like I'd given a man dying of thirst a big jug of ice cold water.

Perhaps this is why smoothie bars are a thing, I never got them before.

Anyway, today my mind is in a different place. Before it was just getting over that first hurdle and now I'm adjusting to how I view my days. Before the morning was something I feared so I treated the night like it was my last on earth (which if I kept going may have come true) now I can look forward past this day. Its strange that when I go to sleep I sometimes feel a real sense of joy knowing that I won't wake up in pain and I'd say that's my favorite part of being sober so far.
Old 07-14-2017, 10:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I actually wake up now looking forward to the day, instead of dreading them like I used to. So I have to agree with you on that!

Not so certain about the vitamins though, really have to force the healthy stuff down but I am trying as I don't want to replace the drink problem with a food one.

Congrats on getting through day 2
Old 07-14-2017, 11:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good work Andagain 💜

I always feel low when I wake up and then gradually improve throughout the day...so much so I've looked into whether it is actually a 'thing' and apparently it is!!!! It's called Morning Depression and it's to do with the body's circadian rhythm...where your body doesnt make the correct hormones at the right time. Feeling like this in the morning can also be because of low blood sugar levels. Not sure why it happens to me but at least I know it doesn't last the whole day!
Old 07-14-2017, 12:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

And,

Sometimes on Friday i get sad because that was a big drinking day for me.

But, now after all this time clean i know it is part of my crave process.

The healing took a long long time for me, it was hell sometimes.

Relapsing always led to massive regret.

Then i would drink again because...i already ruined everything.

My av worked me over for years and years. Now i know better.

I still thank God every night and morning for my sobriety.

Calmly being able to make plans knowing i will be sober so i can handle everything is a gift as well.

Thanks.
Old 07-14-2017, 01:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
The road goes on forever

Originally Posted by Andagain View Post
Its strange that when I go to sleep I sometimes feel a real sense of joy knowing that I won't wake up in pain and I'd say that's my favorite part of being sober so far.
I like the way you think !!