Notices

One Week and nervous

Old 07-12-2017, 06:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

One Week and nervous

So,
I am pretty much done with Day 7. Hurt myself today by accident (nothing related to drinking) and on strong pain meds. That's not the worry, the bloating seems worse today, like even slightly interfering with breathing.

Now, Dr. Google has gotten me super worried all this stupid drinking gave me cirrhosis and the bloating is ascites. I did have a blood test last Friday because I wanted to know how my body was doing and everything came back in the normal range, and so today after panicking myself from Dr. Google, ran the meld score and got a 6. So that seems good. Now enough about my freak out, I have all night to do that and I am having some ice cream!

anyways I'm super happy to be at a week, and really loving this site, I couldn't wait to come here. Many thanks to all who have been there and done this, to those on the same journey who reply (it helps to be with others who have same things to talk about) and pretty much everyone!!!

I am going to beat the old 2 (minimum) bottle a day habit and be a better, happier person!
Old 07-12-2017, 06:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

In my brief alcohol breaks over the last few years, I always found that between day 5-7 my anxiety went crazy. I think its just part of the process for a lot of people. Its a symptom, and it will get better like everything else =)
Old 07-12-2017, 07:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It's great to have you here. You'll find a lot of support.
My anxiety was pretty bad for awhile after drinking, too. Sometimes unbearable. It's one of the reasons I was stuck in the cycle of drinking then waiting till I felt a little better then drinking again.
I did this for years, until it got so bad I was drinking every day so I didn't have to worry about the withdrawal.
Of course, this was bad and I drank like that for another ten years.

I guarantee after getting through the initial anxiety, you will be a better, happier person.
I used to freak myself out by reading everything I could about alcoholism. To no avail, everyone is different.
I hope you stick around.
Old 07-12-2017, 08:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks

Thanks Andagain and Ghostlight,
I'll be around! For sure. My heavy drinking for 20 years has to stop. I'm very committed to staying on this. I'm very aware having tried many many times that the AV may appear and try to convince me I am all good. That's one worry, especially in a few weeks.

The bloating is really bad and accompanied with weight gain (I'm a fairly fit looking person, or was). Plus, with the breathing issues, that's why I am concerned.

But, first and foremost for me is no more drinking. Because, even if the bloating is something, it doesn't help to see a doctor unless I am done with the alcohol forever.
Old 07-13-2017, 02:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good work on 7 days Done4Ever...here's to many many more...in fact...4Ever more 💜
Old 07-13-2017, 04:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your week

Stay off Dr Google - it's really not a useful diagnostic tool for us lay persons.

If you're worried about your health - see a real Dr - I was deathly scared I was gonna die - but in fact I was a lot better off than I feared.

I'm sure it will be same for you

D