Is this quacking?

Old 07-10-2017, 06:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Is this quacking?

I finally built up the courage to make a decision about my marriage. I decided that I would get a divorce. AH hasn't called me since October (I called him in Dec) , and since then we've just sent a few texts. I sent a message asking if he would contest a divorce because I wanted to avoid a long drawn out phone conversation.

He called and asked me not to file right now.....that he's getting things in order and things are looking up and to give him some more time.

-I didn't call you because you said you didn't want to be bothered (I never said that)
-I make enough money now that you don't have to pay any bills
-I still drink beer, but only one or two. I work so much that I can't drink a lot.
-I didn't have a drinking problem, I had a money problem which depressed me so I drank to stay happy.

The more we talked, the angrier I got. He's asking for more time.....I've been waiting for years for him to even have a stable job. He's still asking if I'm seeing anyone, as if I can't be alone.

I woke up this morning feeling tired, weighed down, and angry. I really feel he loves me in some way, but is making one last attempt to keep me around. He's so selfish. He can't give me the life I want, but doesn't want anybody else to have me.
Old 07-10-2017, 06:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds about right, Beach.
You know what you need to do.
Good thoughts and good luck.
Old 07-10-2017, 07:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

only ONE person can GIVE you the life that you WANT.....

he is still drinking. he is defending his drinking. he is telling you that his drinking is not a problem.

he didn't call out of LOVE, he called out of SELF preservation.
Old 07-10-2017, 07:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

BP,
He is a very sick man, why are you expecting "normal" from him?

Please continue with the no contact and build up your strength. You can move forward without him as you have done for the last 6 months. Press mute!!
Old 07-10-2017, 08:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BeachPlease View Post
I finally built up the courage to make a decision about my marriage. I decided that I would get a divorce.
I think it's time for you to move forward to get your life back on track. 9 months later and still nothing has changed with him, and likely never will.
I would continue no contact and get yourself in touch with a lawyer. There is no reason to ask his permission or what his feelings are on it.
Old 07-11-2017, 06:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sounds pretty quacky to me. NO is a complete sentence. Just because HE wants you to wait does not mean you have to. If you are ready to move on, move on.

Hugs to you.
Old 07-11-2017, 08:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The more we talked, the angrier I got.
Quacking usually does that!! Stick with your plan, the one you found the courage for.
Old 07-11-2017, 09:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Like a duck.
Old 07-11-2017, 10:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Time is a terrible thing to waste, yet they think they have all the time in the world. They think we gonna wait for them. Do not listen to what he says, listen to your feelings. Read your final paragraph. That is your answer right there.

He most definitely wants to suck you back in the codependent dance.