Notices

Forgot

Old 07-09-2017, 07:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Forgot

It's been a long time since I have been on vacation or in an airport or on a plane.
Totally forgot that there are bars everywhere! More so now than ever. Forgot about the drinks on board. It was everywhere. I did not drink but my palms sure were sweaty.
The flight attendant even went to hand me a tiny bottle of wine when I had asked for water with no ice. Clearly an accident on his part, but I was thinking maybe it was some kind of test from my HP. A snafu set up from the universe? LOL.
All I know is I PASSED. I did not drink.
I got here, ate dinner with my family and went straight to an AA meeting. (which turned out to be an NA meeting, no difference to me...as alcohol as they state, is infact a drug)
Feeling very firm in my resolve. Proud even. Going on vacation and sitting in an airport was carte blanche to drink. It's Vaca. I'm not driving. Let's get to it.
Not today. I read the BB and nibbled my way through the flight.
About to hit hay...day 18 coming to a triumphant close. GN all!! (Or GM as it may be over there!!)
Jules
Old 07-09-2017, 08:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great going Jules )
Old 07-09-2017, 08:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I understand how you feel. Yesterday was day three, and while driving hundreds of miles down the interstate, it seemed every sign I saw was liquor. All day, all I could think was five minutes is all it would take, that I would feel better. But like you I pushed through. Good job making it another day.
Old 07-09-2017, 09:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Jules, great job! Vaycay is a challenge, but it can be done.
Old 07-10-2017, 05:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you!!
It seems as though advert. for alcohol is EVERYWHERE!
One can hardly watch TV without being bombarded. Even cooking shows are now very frequently mixing cocktails to pair with the food. The exclamation of " I need a drink!" No one needs a drink. Want is a better word.
I can't get over how many wine bars, beer gartens and bar and grill were in that airport yesterday. One at the end of my gate!
Needless to say I spent a lot of time in the shopping mall area and bought some unnessary smelly stuffs from the Body Shop. A nice treat not to smell like vodka coming from my pores 😊
Have a great day...I'm hitting the pool!
Jules
Old 07-10-2017, 05:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I fly Wednesday and that is a huge fear of mine. Not only do I hate flying but the airport to me is associated with getting a big ol buzz at The bar before boarding and then not caring about the flight. Crap. I know I will not drink and thank you for sharing. Good job on pushing though!!
Old 07-10-2017, 05:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Nice one Jules! Have a great holiday!
Old 07-10-2017, 06:01 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
The road goes on forever

Wow.. Way to go!

Have a great day and stay strong and proud.
Old 07-10-2017, 07:06 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks...riding on tealily:s coat tails...very inspiring.
Positive power in numbers!!
Have a great trip!
J
Old 07-10-2017, 07:13 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Great going, Jules! You can do it! I'm right there with you! <3
Old 07-10-2017, 07:21 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

When I was newly sober I would feel myself getting almost angry at the constant bombardment of alcohol - ads, TV shows, bars everywhere... Seemed like everywhere I looked, booze was there. I hardly notice it now. I'm flying for the first time since getting sober in a little less than two months (Bali - a very very long flight) and I'm a little concerned, but not much. I used to get to the airport earlier than necessary so I could have a few before boarding, with the excuse that I was an anxious flier and it would help take the edge off. Well I am a bit anxious about flying, but I will have my phone with guided meditation, books to read, music to listen to. Much better than getting wasted and setting myself up to feel like crap the whole trip.