Notices

Washing machine on

Old 07-07-2017, 10:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Mary2

Washing machine on

Well at the end of day 5... washing machines on with all the sweat soaked clothes from the past 5 days... was a rough ride this time... predominately the anxiety was the worst... jumping at any noise... total paranoia... but I made sure I kept busy... with having kids no other choice I guess.
Today I feel better. Tired but better. I NEVER want to be at Day 1 again.... drinking to alleviate shakes etc.. it's pitiful. I've too much to live for and I will never black out again!
I truly believe I've been given a second chance as with my drinking something could have happened to one of my kids when I was comatose and it never! We are all safe and we will all live happy lives now! I CAN DO THIS!!
Hope you are all well xxxx
Old 07-07-2017, 10:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You can do it! We can do it!! You've got 5 days behind you now. Onwards and upwards.
Old 07-07-2017, 10:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The damn withdrawals were a factor in my quitting. Scared the crap out of me and was horrible. I'm with you, I don't ever want to go through it again, and I haven't for about 2 years now. Reading posts like yours bring me back to reality, so I thank you for that.
Old 07-07-2017, 10:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Mary2

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
The damn withdrawals were a factor in my quitting. Scared the crap out of me and was horrible. I'm with you, I don't ever want to go through it again, and I haven't for about 2 years now. Reading posts like yours bring me back to reality, so I thank you for that.
It's the sheer terror isn't it! Well done on 2 years!!
Old 07-07-2017, 11:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well done Hez - I hope you're over the worst- Stick at it X
Old 07-07-2017, 12:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wishing you well Hez on the rest of your recovery journey x
Old 07-07-2017, 12:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hez1979 View Post
It's the sheer terror isn't it! Well done on 2 years!!
Yes, and when you say jumpy do you mean like if someone popped a balloon you'd jump and be scared to death for a moment? haha. That's what mine was like.
Old 07-07-2017, 01:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It's funny but I always felt much better managing to get to the stage where I could wash my sheets and clothes after withdrawal, Probably because by that stage the worst would be over and getting into bed with freshly washed sheets is one of life's pleasures, it's the little things lol. Just think you don't ever have to go through the horrible sweats again, it's certainly one of the things that stops me picking up a drink again, the thought of hell week! Congrats on getting through it and you CAN live a happy life

Peace X
Old 07-07-2017, 03:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I am glad you are feeling better. One of the reasons I quit was thinking back to those early days in withdrawal. Paranoia really scared me.

I am glad you and your kids are ok. never give up.
Old 07-07-2017, 04:54 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hypnic jerks while falling asleep, sweating, panic, trembling in and out of consciousness...ugh, don't want to invite those symptoms back.

You've made it through a some very rough days and it's not for the faint of heart. Hope you get some good rest and food in you over the next couple of days.
Old 07-07-2017, 05:06 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you Hez!

D
Old 07-07-2017, 06:36 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hez - I loved your post. I felt the very same way after my last detox. It was a living hell. One thing I didn't do was record how I felt. I was too sick & miserable to think of it. Maybe you could write down how you're feeling - it might help if you are tempted to put yourself back in that awful place again.

Well done - we're proud of you.
Old 07-08-2017, 04:45 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by halfalife View Post
Hypnic jerks while falling asleep, sweating, panic, trembling in and out of consciousness...ugh, don't want to invite those symptoms back.

You've made it through a some very rough days and it's not for the faint of heart. Hope you get some good rest and food in you over the next couple of days.
So true ^^^!

Great job Hez. And I found my sleep continuing to improve (now, I am just a general sweater during my sleep, like the rest of my family, ha!).

Take care, and just get through the physical stuff. You CAN do it.

Keep going!! See you around here.
Old 07-08-2017, 06:33 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Mary2

Thank so a lot for all your support everyone. It's beautiful here today I'm out in the garden with a pint of water just enjoying being healthy abs thinking about how much my future will improve with not drinking poison... love to all xxx
Old 07-08-2017, 06:54 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Mary2

Oh and by the way... I'm out in the sun and not sweating 😅 go me day 6 is a goody xxx
Old 07-08-2017, 06:54 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Hez,

I'm relaxing too, enjoying a cup of strong instant coffee. Feet up, dryer running.

Sober as a saint on Sunday. Very proud.

It took me a long long time to achieve this level of serenity. At 80 days clean, just so you know, i was a mental wreck. So enjoy the serene times, the may be intermittent.

I had to hang in there because i knew a snort might temporarily ease my suffering, but it could lead to a devestating relapse at worst, and drag out my recovery at best.

Make sense?

Thanks.
Old 07-08-2017, 06:59 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hez1979 View Post
Oh and by the way... I'm out in the sun and not sweating 😅 go me day 6 is a goody xxx
Great job Hez! Today is day 5 for me, and I can relate to your post so much. I think I've made it through the worst and I never want to go through that again. I woke up this morning and looked in the mirror and noticed that my eyes didn't look so hazy. I've had 3 years of sobriety in the past and I remember how much better and better it gets- I'm looking forward to that. Just wanted to say welcome, and way to go! We've got this
Old 07-08-2017, 08:06 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Well done on 5 days Hez, I imagine it's a very soothing feeling getting those clothes all fresh and clean again.