Notices

What to expect now?

Old 06-29-2017, 04:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What to expect now?

Hi y'all... this is all new to me. I've been scouring the Web trying to learn as much as I can, but I think experience can sometimes speak louder than Web MD. :-) it's been about 96 hours since I had my last drink. I haven't had any real withdrawal symptoms to speak of other than trouble getting to sleep and being incredibly hungry all the time. I could go thru about a half gallon of vodka every 3 days during the week, and 1 between friday and saturday, every day for the past 5 years. I was beginning to have some health issues and knew I had to stop, get my life back, and quit letting the bottle have control over me. With all that said, do you think at this point ( 4 full days without) that I escaped the withdrawal symptoms? I sure hope so! Was scared to death I was going to be at work and have a seizure or something. I'm doing this cold turkey, on my own. One day at a time....
Old 06-29-2017, 05:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FromNowOn2017 View Post
Hi y'all... this is all new to me. I've been scouring the Web trying to learn as much as I can, but I think experience can sometimes speak louder than Web MD. :-) it's been about 96 hours since I had my last drink. I haven't had any real withdrawal symptoms to speak of other than trouble getting to sleep and being incredibly hungry all the time. I could go thru about a half gallon of vodka every 3 days during the week, and 1 between friday and saturday, every day for the past 5 years. I was beginning to have some health issues and knew I had to stop, get my life back, and quit letting the bottle have control over me. With all that said, do you think at this point ( 4 full days without) that I escaped the withdrawal symptoms? I sure hope so! Was scared to death I was going to be at work and have a seizure or something. I'm doing this cold turkey, on my own. One day at a time....
Congrats on four days! That's amazing and it's just going to get easier! I never had much for withdrawal syptoms besides feeling overly tired and my emotions being all over the place for the first couple of weeks but I would think that you should be in the clear for the more serious symptoms by now.
Old 06-29-2017, 05:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations on four days. Glad you are feeling well.
Old 06-29-2017, 05:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi fromnowon

Everyone's different with withdrawal. I had 'good' withdrawals where not thing happened and 'bad' ones.

If you're on day 4 I'd ezpect the worst to be over, but you still may be a little up and down for a while?

If you feel concerned in any way, your Dr is the best bet for help

D
Old 06-29-2017, 06:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Your emotions may be a little all over the place. Don't freak out, they level off in time.

And like I said, sleep works itself out.. the biggest problem is anxiety and going over and over things at bedtime because it's so quiet..
Old 06-29-2017, 09:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I think at four days you are probably through the worst of it. I was drinking a fifth of vodka a day and quit and the withdrawals were not very bad.
I was gentle on myself, ate everything in the house, slept as much as I could and drank a ton of water.

Welcome to SR. Best of luck.
Old 06-30-2017, 04:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
The road goes on forever

Congrats on quitting and getting past the first few days... They are the hardest. I highly suggest lots of rest.... Body AND Mind needs to mend.

Rock on!