Notices

When did your "pink cloud" fade if you ever had one

Old 06-26-2017, 11:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

When did your "pink cloud" fade if you ever had one

I'm 50 days sober and for some time now have felt this immense sense of euphoria from time to time. Now I constantly think about the fact I'm not drinking (not cravings but awareness that I'm not consuming alcohol). I had my first huge trigger the other day. I remember reading about a "pink cloud" or sense or happiness or euphoria for some new to sobriety. I now think I was experiencing that. So here I am in my day to day life without my cloud and things are bugging me more. I feel stress more, I have been a bit tired lately. I'm not sure what to do. I won't drink but I'm scared as I feel vulnerable a bit. Anyone relate?
Old 06-26-2017, 12:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi jellybean,

I'm a month in...not sure if I am experiencing the 'pink cloud'...maybe I'll only know when it's gone!!! Not sure if you do this already but I complete a daily gratitude list (have done for 1.5 years now). Apparently it's not possible to feel angry, frustrated etc at the same time as experiencing gratitude (or any other positive emotion)...one pushes the other out. So maybe focus on all that you are grateful for (really feel it) and it will push aside the negative emotions you are experiencing.

Anyway...wishing you well on the rest of your recovery journey. Congrats on 50 days 💜
Old 06-26-2017, 01:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Jellybean,

I've been feeling the "pink cloud" on and off since I began my recovery program. At 50-60 days in, I began to feel some bumps but pushed through them and the PC returned.

Do you exercise? I've found that getting a good workout in 5-6 days a week really helps to improve my mood swings.
Old 06-26-2017, 01:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I defiantly had the "pink cloud" - actually got it now and even idiot of a boss can't pop it ! Just feel happy,peaceful and thankful

It does come and go though - my experience was I got it about 2 weeks and lasted until week 4 or so then I had it severely popped ..no idea why but I was very gloomy until past week 7 then it came back !

Maybe this is just being normal ?? Just ups and downs of everyday life ..it has been so long since I experienced a normal life not under fog of alcohol it's difficult to say!

I expect more non pink clouds days or weeks to come ..just life I guess but the ups for me are def worth the downs ..just gotta stay strong
Old 06-26-2017, 01:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Just dark gray clouds for me
Old 06-26-2017, 01:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm on day 9 and definitely feel like I'm still with the pink cloud.

I think what helps is writing daily and mainly focusing on the positives. Also reminding myself how bad the morning after was in comparison to now- being physically and mentally better
Old 06-26-2017, 03:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I had the pink bubble from days 30-90 last time, and I think it came from the belief that I had gotten over my addiction. For some reason 3 months gave me the confidence to feel like I no longer had to work on maintaining my sobriety because I was no longer having cravings and my life was enjoyable and I was happy. And then I quit a job and began a new one, and in doing so, ended some relationships that had been very important to me, and that was stressful. I dealt with the sudden increase of stress in unhealthy ways, I acted out, I stopped practicing self-control and self-respect. I didn't drink, but I returned to addictive behavior. I stayed sober for another 90 days, but I spent those 90 days in a terrible head space. Because I had stopped working on me, and stopped attending to my addiction to alcohol, as if it no longer existed, it came back and I relapsed.

I don't believe I will ever have a pink bubble again, because I know that I have to work on my recovery every day for the rest of my life. That happy high feeling came from believing I had finally conquered my addiction, and I know now that I can't do that. I can maintain abstinence from alcohol but I'm always going to be an alcoholic.
Old 06-26-2017, 03:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

i wasnt able to get on a pink cloud early on. i was quite miserable.
i had heard of the pink cloud and something i heard an old timer say," if youre going to get on a pink cloud, its best to have a pink parachute."
many times i heard people who got on that pink cloud and thought the sober life was going to be all sunshine,roses, and unicorns.
then a bill came in the mail, car broke down, roof leaked, kids werent behaving.....

stopping drinking is ONLY the beginning.
learning how to live life on lifes terms is a process that takes time.

for every problem there is a solution- one that doesnt involve alcohol nor does alcohol make any problem better.

i get on a pink cloud from time to time. best thing for me to do is ride it out knowing that-as with tough times,too-
this,too, shall pass.
Old 06-26-2017, 04:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

jellybean, I'm on day 50 too. I was feeling pretty good up until yesterday. I woke up feeling angry, depressed, mad at my husband for no reason & very anxious. I had to take a drive by myself & had a major crying meltdown. Today I've just been really tired with no ambition. I hope this passes. I keep reading here to try & stay positive.
Old 06-26-2017, 04:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I think I had the 'pink cloud' thing going on from about days 10-20 then I slumped. In that time I felt on top of the world, a spring in my step, productive etc. Now my mood is all over the place and I'm holding onto my sobriety for dear life. The hard work starts now, so it seams.
Old 06-26-2017, 04:33 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Mine ended at 18 months of sobriety when my 13 year old cousin hung himself the night before mothers day. Iost all hope in anything good. It has been 2 years now. On again off again drinking. Can't seem to get back to that pink cloud so I'm learning how to dance in the rain. Tomsteve said it all so perfect...
Old 06-26-2017, 05:01 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I can;t say I eer had one - I was deathly scared I was goign to die, or drink again.

The first 90 days are a rollercoaster - for everyone, I think.

I thought about drinking a lot as a dinker, then not drinking as I person new in recovery. Eventually I found I wasn;t thinking of wither anymore.

Things will get better Jellybean

Eventually I grew to like and then love life sober.
Even now a 'bad' day is just a bad day...I know it will pass

D
Old 06-26-2017, 06:47 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Wow I can relate to everyone's comments. Its like I was massive productive and felt invincible and now just blah. And I'm also fantasizing about how fantastic alcohol was. I know this is my AV voice. I will keep on doing what I've been doing . Alcohol was not fantasic in my life but my Brain is being sneaky.
Old 06-26-2017, 06:53 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Congrats on your 50 days, that's great. I never had a pink cloud, but that's probably because I started my sobriety in a wheelchair. My drinking problem was just one a several major obstacles I had to contend with early on. Life throws us curve-balls now and then, and as long as we stay sober we can navigate the rough waters.
Old 06-26-2017, 06:58 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I was definitely floating on cloud nine for a while there. Energetic, ambitious, feeling great. All things must pass, and that passed after a while. Now my life is ordered and peaceful, just the way I like it.
Old 06-26-2017, 07:00 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

My pink cloud faded after 6-8 weeks. Now it's the usual ups and downs. Heck, this past weekend I got a happy feeling out of nowhere. I think normies call it "being happy." I became suspicious
Old 06-26-2017, 08:12 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I think the pink cloud comes and goes , good days and bad days. Hang in there, it usually gets better, then bad, then good welcome to life. Gratitude is key!
Old 06-26-2017, 08:47 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I never had one but then my life kinda sucks right now and for the foreseeable future.
Old 06-27-2017, 02:33 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

The pink cloud I like to think of as a free sample of Gods grace. Everything is relative you see. I felt great in that pink cloud, but I feel even better now. The truth is it never left, it just kept getting better.
Old 06-27-2017, 04:35 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi Jellybean,

My pink cloud was blissful, I was as high as kite for about two months. Euphoric even.

After that I bumped along the bottom for a while. Emotional outbursts were common and I had a few tantrums which is unusual for me. Even as a drunk I rarely ever raised my voice so I did wonder where it was all coming from.

I think from about six months things started to even out. I don't think I'll ever lose the joy of waking up without a hangover though.