Notices

hello

Old 06-25-2017, 07:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hello

hello, my keyboard is broken so please excuse the spelling. I broke it playing a game. Lolz.
I'm new here but I think I need help. Over the few years, I've started drinking almost every weekend and most nights. As a bigger guy, I can drink a lot of beers. Also, doesn't help I live in S.Korea where drinking is normal and u can get booze at any time. anyways I'll chat later. time for work.
Old 06-25-2017, 07:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome aboard needshelp - good to have you here.

We have other members in SE Asia, so there'll always be folks to talk to

D
Old 06-26-2017, 03:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome, needshelp. This is an excellent place for advice and support. I was just watching a documentary about drinking in South Korea and it really was amazing how ingrained in their culture getting drunk is. Wishing you the best.
Old 06-26-2017, 04:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yeah. It's pretty bad tb. U can buy booze any time of the day. With Soju being cheap and strong. I def have fallen into drinking too much and I got a high liver count test a while back. Also, didn't help I was taking a lot of aspirin and ibuprofen for pain.
Old 06-26-2017, 05:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. I hope our support can help you get sober for good.
Old 06-26-2017, 05:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
Welcome to the family. I hope our support can help you get sober for good.
Hey, thank you.
Old 06-26-2017, 09:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome
Old 06-26-2017, 10:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Regardless of if you are able to drink a lot whether for fun, bored what ever reason. I'd take that health situation with your liver pretty damn serious and just quit drinking for no other reason than that.
It's why I quit. I've also known 2 people die from liver disease and it's not pretty.
Old 06-26-2017, 12:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome!!!!
Old 06-26-2017, 02:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Needshelp!!
Old 06-26-2017, 05:50 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by captainkitty View Post
Regardless of if you are able to drink a lot whether for fun, bored whatever reason. I'd take that health situation with your liver pretty damn serious and just quit drinking for no other reason than that.
It's why I quit. I've also known 2 people die from liver disease and it's not pretty.
Yeah, I have known for awhile that I was a heavier drinker. Over the last 5 years I've cycled up and down with it. It's cost me some great opportunities but also it's become such a habit to drink at home on the weekends. Then am worried and nervous about since have done/said things that I regret. This leads me to stay home and drink.
The biggest problem with living and working in a foreign country is people leaving all the time. It's easy to have 15 friends and then a month later only have 2 since people come and go so quickly. Esp, since I'm almost 40 and most teachers here in Korea, are 25-30ish.

Another issue in Korea is how everyone is so unhappy and stressed. It's a huge pressure cooker and booze is a cheap fix. Being a drunk in Korea is pretty normal and I've let myself slip into that lifestyle. The worst part is that I've read/seen so many long timers in Korea fall into it. They get stuck in Korea due to money issues, we make more than enough or they get married.

I hope with some help from this forum I will look back at these first few days and it will all be a bad memory. Thanks for reading. Needs
Old 06-26-2017, 06:22 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Needs - it's great to meet you.

I drank 30 yrs. & when I came here I didn't know what to expect. As I read other's stories & suggestions I felt so much better. I knew I'd never have to feel alone again - everyone understood what I was going through. It helped me feel less anxious about the whole thing. You're in good company. I'm so glad you've decided to change your life at a (relatively) young age. I was much older, & there was needless damage done. You can do this!