Still sober just don't **** me off :p
Old 06-25-2017, 06:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

it's good to know you won't test the Antabuse. these are the reasons it's there

congrats on the 12 days
Old 06-25-2017, 07:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
quat

Have you tried separating yourself from the 'wanting'? Like just mentally sitting back and observing the fact of wanting, a detached observation of what the wanting is.
I assume you are still taking Antabuse , so again I assume drinking is off the table as an option. The wanting of a drink isn't going to make it happen, good time to just sit with the feeling and see it for the although annoying , yet powerless sensation it is.
The separation and detachment should allow you to contemplate the difference between the experience of the feeling ,the craving and any motive power the mere experience of the feeling actually has.
If you have decided to quit for good, the feeling of wanting to drink again can't by itself make you drink again, changing your decision is the only thing that would do that.
Allow whatever part of you that caused the feeling to pop up be frustrated by not being fulfilled. In AVRT it is called the Beast, the desire for alcohol, and the feeling is the Beast barking at you by your AV(Addictive Voice) any thought of future drinking or doubt you will remain abstinent. The presence of the desire is not going to make you drink, presumably because of the medication. Maybe use this time to look at the separation between desire and acting /not acting to fulfill that desire and look into making a Big Plan to ensure permanent abstinence. There are really good threads on these ideas in the Secular Connections forum here on SR.
Old 06-25-2017, 07:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
quat

Du

Last edited by dwtbd; 06-25-2017 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Double post
Old 06-25-2017, 07:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

There are some really good ideas tips and tricks for cravings here TWTOM

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-cravings.html

D
Old 06-25-2017, 07:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I remember one method I was taught that really helped me in the beginning. They told me to play it through. Imagine taking the drink and all the things that go with it, the feelings of regret, the drinking pattern starting up again, the sick, nauseating, hopeless feelings soon came rushing in for me. Sometimes it almost made me feel physically ill to think about.