Notices

Feeling all of it

Old 06-24-2017, 02:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling all of it

I just have to get it out there.

I realize that being emotionally up and down is normal during the beginning of recovery, but my husband not talking to me is making it worse. I wake up everyday alone and wishing he was there and sometimes it hurts so much I don't even feel like getting out of bed.

Everything is overwhelming and sometimes I feel like I can't handle anymore emotion. I'm used to being numb. I know that eventually you stabilize after getting sober, but I fear that I won't be able to move forward without my husband. He is my partner and I never thought we would be in this place, especially once I became sober.

I feel alone.
Old 06-24-2017, 02:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad your here Giraffegirl2013 💜 sorry that you're going through such a difficult time. What are the circumstances around your husband not talking to you?

Wishing you well on your recovery journey x
Old 06-24-2017, 02:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

He's upset that I left because I couldn't be in the drug and alcohol environment we were living in. He said we need to become friends again, but will not respond to any form of communication. To be honest, because he's not saying anything I do not know the exact reasons why. He just says he's not ready to talk about it.
Old 06-24-2017, 02:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So does he have issues with alcohol and drugs? If so it sounds like you made the right decision by removing yourself from that environment in order to secure sobriety for yourself...although that doesn't make the separation from your husband any easier to cope with I'm sure x
Old 06-24-2017, 03:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

He has been addicted for awhile. I just wish I could bring him with me. He's struggling and going through a lot, personally. It's just difficult to be shut out so completely, especially since it's my spouse. I just want to help, but he won't take help from anyone. I know he knows that drugs and alcohol aren't helping. I just wish he would at least let me help him get through this rough time.
Old 06-24-2017, 03:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You are trying to sober up but your husband is still drinking? Sorry my head is fogged up still I get confused easy.