Notices

Day 1

Old 06-17-2017, 09:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1

So I've decided it's time to stop. I'm hoping that once I don't feel physically rotten I'll start feeling better about it! Right now it's all nausea and shakes. Tell me it gets better!
Old 06-17-2017, 12:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Beedebea 💜

Congratulations on making the decision to embrace society. Wishing you well on your recovery journey x
Old 06-17-2017, 12:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi there Bee and welcome. You are certainly in good company here - I've been through the shakes, the mental and physical misery... But know that there is a way out and it is waiting for you!!!

A profound decision you've made to get sober. You can do it!!! Keep posting, we are here :-)
Old 06-17-2017, 12:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome Bee and congratulations on your decision! Yes, nausea, shakes, insomnia, too hot, too cold, can't poop, can't stop pooping, anxiety, etc. It's miserable...but it will get better if you stick it out. Drink plenty of water if you can keep it down, sip, sip. It may be some time before you feel you can eat, but protein is vital; scrambled eggs is good, nothing on them but a little salt. Keep quite, avoid stress, watch some dumb TV. You will make it! <3
Old 06-17-2017, 01:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gregknight View Post
Welcome Bee and congratulations on your decision! Yes, nausea, shakes, insomnia, too hot, too cold, can't poop, can't stop pooping, anxiety, etc. It's miserable...but it will get better if you stick it out. Drink plenty of water if you can keep it down, sip, sip. It may be some time before you feel you can eat, but protein is vital; scrambled eggs is good, nothing on them but a little salt. Keep quite, avoid stress, watch some dumb TV. You will make it! <3
Thank you everyone. I guess this is real, isn't it? Physically I'm doing a little better, at least I can hold down a sip of water now! I'm so glad to have people to talk to. I never want a day 1 again but I know that I won't be feeling poisoned forever and I assume that that's when the cravings will start. I've been on the forum since the puking stopped.
Old 06-17-2017, 01:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

When your cravings start, we will be here. So happy to hear you're feeling better!!
Old 06-17-2017, 01:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, withdrawals can be serious as I'm sure you know. Things may go back and forth between good and "bad" for a couple days. But this is the absolute last time you have to do this if you stay sober. Hang in there.
Old 06-17-2017, 10:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, you will find lots of support here!
Old 06-18-2017, 12:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

It definitely gets better Beedebea - glad you found us
Welcome

D
Old 06-18-2017, 06:01 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

With time things will get better so keep pushing through.

You'll find loads of support here on SR!!