Notices

Three days sober....

Old 10-19-2004, 05:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Three days sober....

Hi everyone. This is my third day sober and I am totally commited to staying that way. I have been to several AA meeting with my boyfriend but have never admitted that I have a problem myself. We have had long talks about my problems and I have started on some of the steps but think my next move is going to be attending meeting, accepting my problems and turning to the support of people that share my problems when I feel like I need to drink. I truely want to stay sober and enjoy the life that I have right now. I am very blessed with the love and support from my boyfriend and my girls. Just thought I would let you all know that I am still hanging on and very determined to face and overcome the demons of my past.
Love,
Alli
Old 10-19-2004, 05:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

(((Alli)))

Congratulations on day 3 and good luck on your continuing journey in recovery. You're never alone and you can overcome the past. Leading by example is the best way of doing so. My best to you...

LeAnne
Old 10-19-2004, 05:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Alli.. Congrats on your 3 days.. All the best in your recovery !
Old 10-19-2004, 07:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on 3 days! We all work the one day at a time, no one's "day" of clean is more important than anothers.

Keep coming back!
Thoughts and prayers to you
Diana
Old 10-19-2004, 07:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Alli - very wise words from someone early on in recovery!!!

Every day spent sober is an accomplishment. Take things slow and expect some highs and lows. Just know that taking a drink has never solved a problem, and usually makes things much worse!!

Continue to get support and motivation from others at meetings! Plus, we are here to offer support and advice - you are not alone!

Take care,

David
Old 10-21-2004, 06:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome To the fellowship !

I have been going to AA since 1988 and have 70 days Sober Again, I was in a COMA
for 5 days in Aug. From a Opiate Binge that lasted 6 years. Keep copmming back !

Morgan
Old 10-21-2004, 03:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone...Day 5 sober....

This is day five for me and so far so good. Had a few problems getting through Wednesday but asked God to take the urge to drink away and he did. I know that my problems with drinking are connected with my fears of facing lifes ups and downs. I have started working out of the AA book and plan to attend a meeting very soon. Still have lots of work to do but I believe that I can do it and I have many wonderful blessings in my life to help me. Thanks for the support.
Alli
Old 10-21-2004, 04:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

((((Alli))))))))0 3 days is great. You CAN do it. Just stick with your program and let the people that love you help and support you.

Keep posting.

Love,

Ang