Notices

day 4

Old 06-12-2017, 09:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 4

Hello to Everyone,

Today was my fourth day since a relatively big binge last week. As of two years ago I had quit drinking for over six years. However, I wanted to see if I could enjoy my beloved beer in a moderate fashion. After two beers my head throbbed and I felt uncomfortable. But with time I was back to my old beer-drinking self. I love beer, but somehow drink way too much of it. It'll be hard to quit, but I look forward to connecting with others who (like me) somehow find themselves needing to quit.
Old 06-12-2017, 09:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Proton,
I'm on Day 4 too. My body temperature is already cooling down on just 4 days and drinking lots of water. I disliked how I felt when drinking.
Old 06-12-2017, 09:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome proton

It's hard in the beginning but well worth the struggle

D
Old 06-12-2017, 09:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Proton! You went six years!!!! You know you can do this, and this is a great place for support.
Old 06-13-2017, 10:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support. Day 4 was easier than 3, and today I'm trying to recover some kind of equilibrium. I don't miss the beer yet. However, that will probably come up in a few days. I'm planning to schedule an appointment with a counselor soon.
Old 06-13-2017, 10:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome.
I was a beer drinker, too. And I about drank my body weight of it daily.
You had six years, that's great. If you really want sobriety, you can do it again.
That fourth day was always a killer for me. Felt better, hangover gone and hey! I can drink again.
It's been over six years for me sober. I don't miss beer. I didn't even like the taste of it much. I drank it to get drunk. That was the only reason.
Best to you both on day four, and remember, you never have to drink again.
Old 06-13-2017, 01:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well done on 4 days proton3 👍👍👍

I had 5 months of sobriety last year (nothing compared to your 6 years) and I'm back on day 15. I had special occasions taking place last year that I just could not imagine attending sober and so I returned to alcohol...big mistake...not only did I ruin some of these occasions for myself but alcohol lead me to a specific action that I sincerely regret 🙁 I feel like these negative experiences have dispelled ANY beliefs I had that my life/occassions would somehow be enhanced by alcohol. I hope that you've been able to take some gift from your return to alcohol that will support you in your recovery journey. All the best x