Notices

Did one week. Feel "over it"

Old 06-12-2017, 07:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Did one week. Feel "over it"

Feeling like it's just part of me. That I'm going to binge drink every other night and deal with the hangovers because I feel like it's harder fighting it. It's on my mind all of the time. I'm taking a day at a time but I feel I did one week now it was fun and I'm done. I will not give in tonight but I'm afraid I'll give in because I'm not "that bad".

Life is harder today. Stresses are bigger. Will power is low. Just depressed. Frustrated everyone else seems to be normal but me. A huge bottle of wine and some Netflix sound so good right now. I have none, nor will I go get any. Over romanticising I know. I seem to have forgotten what the hangover feels like. Losing perspective.
Old 06-12-2017, 07:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Coco,
It is hard ,really hard but if you stay with and give it more time it gets easier. You can do it but it's takes some time to start feeling at ease with being sober. Don't listen to your AV and keep posting my friend. We are here for you
Old 06-12-2017, 07:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Coco,

I understand where you're coming from. I came from a place where I would watch Netflix and binge on wine all night long until I passed out. I dealt with the hangovers, ate my junk food, did my work, and the cycle began again. It's so hard to come out of, but I know you can do it! It's only Day 10 for me, and I'm still having trouble withdrawing from alcohol. I can see that this is a very understanding and caring community, and we are here for you.
Old 06-12-2017, 07:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by marylandbethany View Post
Hi Coco,

I understand where you're coming from. I came from a place where I would watch Netflix and binge on wine all night long until I passed out. I dealt with the hangovers, ate my junk food, did my work, and the cycle began again. It's so hard to come out of, but I know you can do it! It's only Day 10 for me, and I'm still having trouble withdrawing from alcohol. I can see that this is a very understanding and caring community, and we are here for you.
Yes. It sucks. Badly tonight. The go team mentality is fading.

I just want wine and the walking dead. Sigh.
Old 06-12-2017, 07:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Most of us made that choice to go back to drinking.
I made it hundreds of times.

I can assure you none of us were glad later that we made that mistake.

You'd think that the fact I had to make it hundreds of times would be a clue that I really was that bad...

Getting sober is hard, and it can be a little scary - but it will get easier in time.

I went back to drinking and found that my alcoholism actually progressed - I ended up drinking all day every day and I nearly - literally - died.

That's really hard and scary.

You know you have to quit.
The longer you leave it the harder it gets.

D
Old 06-12-2017, 07:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
under new management

Cocobeano, the early days can be tough. Please stick it out, it is tough now but it won't stay tough.

I hope you give your sobriety a chance. I promise you will never regret not drinking.

Old 06-12-2017, 07:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm not giving in.

It will pass. Just have to stay strong. Tomorrow is a new day. I'll be grateful in the morning.
Old 06-12-2017, 07:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

That you will! Playing the tape...keep that one in the toolbox for sure.
Old 06-12-2017, 07:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cocobeano View Post
It will pass. Just have to stay strong. Tomorrow is a new day. I'll be grateful in the morning.
This is so true! It really does get easier as time goes by.
Old 06-12-2017, 08:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hugs, Coco. The early days really do suck. I'm only on day 16 so in now way an expert, but I promise it does get easier, even within a couple of weeks.
Old 06-12-2017, 08:24 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I get it, Coco. You know you're glamorizing, but I understand the frustration and the impatience and the need to vent.

I couldn't help but smile at what you said, though.. about how much you just wanted "wine and the walking dead"..

Oh the irony, right??

Looking back, that's what I did.. drank till I was zombified, unable to carry on a conversation with my kids, forgetting what they told me, staring at the TV, collapsing to "sleep", waking up like death warmed over. Going through the motions all day till I felt halfway decent by 3, then starting over. Repeat.

Maybe not "that bad"? but pretty darn bad.

As much as these early days stink, not giving in is worth it.

Old 06-12-2017, 08:45 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I totally get that. The rush of relief in giving in to the seductive thoughts.
The longing for that feeling.
Also been there many times.

You're doing good. These are just thoughts. And those times when I just wanted that same thing so bad, they're pretty far behind me. When you put enough distance between yourself and the last drink, you can easily see the bigger picture than that tiny little slice of perceived heaven that is or was your drinking life.
When we're hypnotized and brainwashed from the drink, we don't see the world falling apart around us. A little bit of time and perspective, and the feeling of, "meh" or even "NO FREAKIN' WAY" will strike instead when you look back at the carnage.

Sometimes we can forget the bigger picture of our past.
But there are easy way to remind ourselves real fast- we can think it through or drink it through.

It really does get better, that can't be said enough. And easier.
I never thought it would for me. But it has, and it will for you too.
Old 06-13-2017, 04:17 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Look at the bright side. Now when you watch Netflix without wine you can remember the ending the next day! Stay strong, it will get better.
Old 06-13-2017, 04:22 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

How are you this morning, Coco?
Old 06-13-2017, 05:02 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I loved wine Coco. Never thought I could live without it. But I am living without it. Better than that, I'm loving my life without it. If nothing else makes sense right now please please know that life gets better. It gets so much better. Please hang in there and tough this out. You won't regret it.

Re the Walking Dead. I've recently started rewatching it because I missed loads of the story line because of watching whilst drinking. It's awesome. How good is the Walking Dead?? Even better when you watch it sober
Old 06-13-2017, 05:08 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

He'll!

Go back an read your post and remember why are you here.

You say you have nothing to look forward to: how about being present for your baby and not rushing to put them down at night. Remember the mom you want to be.

Have you researched AVRT? I hear AV all over your posts and it's loud.

Rely on us Coco. We are with you.
Old 06-13-2017, 05:24 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I laughed. SOOOOO TRUE

Originally Posted by RetiredGuy View Post
Look at the bright side. Now when you watch Netflix without wine you can remember the ending the next day! Stay strong, it will get better.
Yes. Indeed!
Old 06-13-2017, 05:26 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Good!

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
How are you this morning, Coco?
It was hard falling asleep but I took melatonin. Better then 2 bottles of cab. At least this morning it feels like it anyway. Week one in the books.
Old 06-13-2017, 05:49 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Wisdom peaks through the darkest clouds, Coco. Proud of you!
Old 06-13-2017, 05:55 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I'm on day 37 just over 5 weeks now , it does get easier , the longer you go the more determined you will become not to go back to day 1.