Notices

Nice experience

Old 06-11-2017, 11:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Nice experience

Just a little positive tidbit. Last night I had a nice dinner at a restaurant near the beach. It is actually one I go to often, but last night I thought about a time, about 5 years ago now, I was there celebrating my birthday. I had some friends visiting from the US and we went out with a group of people. I got rip roaring drunk, everyone was, but me especially, and after dinner we had plans to go out to some clubs/discos to continue the party. I wanted to show my visiting friends a good time. I remember being by the car and telling y friend I couldn't do it, I was too drunk, I didn't know how I would make it to the clubs. She wanted to go out so bad, she kept trying togged me to vomit, drink water, anything to sober up a bit in order to make it out. I did end up pushing through and making it out, but was falling all over the place, was miserable and really should have been home in bed or in the hospital. It was dangerous and gross.

I was thinking about that last night and how nice it was that I wasn't in that place anymore. I don't have the energy or desire to go to clubs anymore, but if I did I certainly could have made it out last night and probably had a good time. It was a good feeling to realise how free I am to do anything these days. It was also a good feeling to fully enjoy the food and conversation and know I would go to sleep peacefully last night and wake up this morning feeling great.
Old 06-12-2017, 12:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It feels good to reclaim ownership of a place well loved/used/liked in sobriety. I am finding that too.
Old 06-12-2017, 12:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you Mera

D
Old 06-12-2017, 12:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Really encouraging post, it must feel great. Can't wait for these experiences and to feel I'm not missing out.
Old 06-12-2017, 03:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
It feels good to reclaim ownership of a place well loved/used/liked in sobriety. I am finding that too.
That's a really nice way to put it Phoenix
Old 06-12-2017, 04:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

And you'll discover that you're not missing out Quit, that's the beautiful bit.

And the fact that your friend was trying to get you to chuck (vomit) just to get you into a club are days I no longer miss either Mira. The memories grate.

The freedom to do as we please without hurting anybody else is the best feeling. I'm not good at it but I'm stumbling there, and it's great.

Very glad for you to have found that place.
Old 06-12-2017, 05:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Mera, hugs to you!
Old 06-12-2017, 10:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Old 06-12-2017, 02:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sounds like you had a fab evening last night Meraviglioso...I look forward to experiencing similarly enjoyable occasions sober myself 😊

Wishing you well on the rest of your recovery journey x