Notices

Into week 8 :-)

Old 06-02-2017, 11:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Into week 8 :-)

And another Friday seen off! Fridays evenings are always tough,guess it's a brain reward for managing another tough week ..have a drink,just one ..nah,you're ok!

Positives

I feel so much better! Understatement really I feel a billion times better !
I'm not jumping down people's throats every second,I'm trying to learn to walk away from any nonsense or reasonably put my view across
Family,my relationship with wife and kids is so much better! Meals out,days out,just walking dog with them all - little things which make a big difference to there lives as well as mine
Body - I look like a different person..totally,even I can see that and others are commenting
Fitness - I have hit exercise hard,bit too hard in all honesty ! But I'm fitter now then 10 years ago
Lifestyle change,now filling my time productively,in my mind anyway although wife hunted me down last nite in my man cave where I hide and potter !
Money - massive improvement,started paying some of my debts down which has decreased my stress levels waiting from a knock on the door from collection agency!

Negatives

I ache like hell from too much exercise ! But can't stop 😂

Sleep - it's still a bit hit or miss but getting there , rather tired than dying

Future - one day at a time still,I'm not falling for that trick I can moderate ..I can't and this is not up discussion my little AV friend !!

Have a lovely weekend all 😊
Old 06-03-2017, 12:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well done Rainyengland! Took a few months for my sleep to regulate and but now I fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow and I wake at 6am every morning ready to start each day. Was never a morning person but now I get loads done in the hour before the kids get up. Your sleep will definitely improve with a little more time.

Went out last night with friends who all rewarded themselves for surviving half term by having a few drinks. Don't get me wrong, none of them drink like I used to but a couple got to that slurry, talking a bit louder than normal stage of being drunk. I am now fairly established in my role as designated driver on nights out. People get me a diet coke when they go to the bar, my not drinking is no big deal at all. I had a great time. If my brain felt like it needed a Friday night reward, it got it ..... loads of laughs in great company. No alcohol required. And no hangover today!! That is perhaps the best reward ever.

Keep going. You sound like you are doing really, really well.
Old 06-03-2017, 12:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on day 8 RE

D
Old 06-03-2017, 12:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Week Eight is gonna be great. Just like what you've desribed, two months is when you really start seeing the sobriety dividends. Work gets better, people see that you're serious and begin to trust you again. Brain fog goes away and you just start really feeling better.
That's why I cringe when people are having trouble at ten days, two weeks, and can't get past that. They expect instantaneous results, and the truth is, we didn't get messed up in two weeks, and we aren't going to miraculously recover in two weeks. It takes a commitment, but two months is really the sweet spot for big changes to start occurring.
Old 06-03-2017, 05:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 8 weeks! Keep up the good work!

My sources tell me England isn't rainy right now BTW...
Old 06-03-2017, 05:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Awesome rainyengland! Very inspiring for me heading into day 7 tomorrow
Old 06-03-2017, 05:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well done!
Old 06-03-2017, 06:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congratulations! Thank you for the encouraging post. So glad to hear about the positive changes for you! Well done!
Old 06-03-2017, 07:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Old 06-03-2017, 08:03 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Old 06-03-2017, 08:10 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Well done, you!
Old 06-03-2017, 12:16 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Congratulations on 8 weeks RainyEngland! Wonderful.
Old 06-03-2017, 02:41 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Day 8 is fantastic!! Keep pushing through!!
Old 06-03-2017, 05:36 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rainyengland View Post
Future - one day at a time still,I'm not falling for that trick I can moderate ..I can't and this is not up discussion my little AV friend !!
I think this is your biggest positive. I have about three weeks more than you, let's be sure to not get complacent. Cheers!
Old 06-03-2017, 06:08 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Week 8 - so fabulous, rainy. We are so proud of you.
Old 06-03-2017, 07:01 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Maladaptive

Originally Posted by rainyengland View Post
And another Friday seen off! Fridays evenings are always tough,guess it's a brain reward for managing another tough week ..have a drink,just one ..nah,you're ok!

Positives

I feel so much better! Understatement really I feel a billion times better !
I'm not jumping down people's throats every second,I'm trying to learn to walk away from any nonsense or reasonably put my view across
Family,my relationship with wife and kids is so much better! Meals out,days out,just walking dog with them all - little things which make a big difference to there lives as well as mine
Body - I look like a different person..totally,even I can see that and others are commenting
Fitness - I have hit exercise hard,bit too hard in all honesty ! But I'm fitter now then 10 years ago
Lifestyle change,now filling my time productively,in my mind anyway although wife hunted me down last nite in my man cave where I hide and potter !
Money - massive improvement,started paying some of my debts down which has decreased my stress levels waiting from a knock on the door from collection agency!

Negatives

I ache like hell from too much exercise ! But can't stop 😂

Sleep - it's still a bit hit or miss but getting there , rather tired than dying

Have a lovely weekend all 😊
That's great! Awesome!
Old 06-03-2017, 11:38 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

congrats getting to week 8 and thanks for the post - positive messages like these are really helping!