Notices

New found motivation to just be better in my life overall..

Old 06-02-2017, 12:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New found motivation to just be better in my life overall..

Ever since I stopped drinking a little over a month ago, I'm absolutely amazed by how much time I seem to have on my hands. I never realized just how much time alcohol stole from me. No more blackouts, no more hangovers, no more guilt ridden days that I wish I could erase.. it's just been smooth sailing. Recently I've been coming up with the most random things that I'd like to learn.. just because. A couple of days ago I announced to the BF that I'd like to learn how to juggle. Heh! So silly, but I figure why not?.. Fun party trick! I'm also planning on making a hair appointment to go from a dull brown from a box to highlighted blonde. Me? A blonde? Never in my life! But why the hell not? Maybe I'll end up loving it. I've also started going to the manicurist again. I forgot how much I enjoyed getting a little pampered. No more hangovers on a Saturday morning to prevent me from a little TLC in the morning.

I'm feeling pretty darn good and I find myself thinking about alcohol less and less as the days go on. I just feel like.. okay, this is my life now and I'm okay with that. I feel my BF and I are on to new chapters in our life. Me without alcohol holding me back and my BF is headed back to school for his communications degree. We will surely have a jam packed summer filled with friends and laughter and things just feel so right.

Hope you guys are all doing well.. <3
Old 06-02-2017, 01:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

This is just so good to hear, Nikki! It sounds like things are going really well for you and you have a great attitude. Keep doing nice things for yourself, too.
Old 06-02-2017, 03:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What a great positive post Nikkabean326...all sounds fab...very inspiring. Wishing you well on the rest of your recovery journey x
Old 06-02-2017, 03:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Nik,

Glad you're doing so great. You're going to feel even better after 60 days. Keep going Girl!
Old 06-02-2017, 03:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great to hear that things are going well.

I remember that feeling of suddenly having so much time. Thing is, then we start getting interested in life again and doing stuff and is all gets used up. I swear I could fill my weeks twice over nowadays. Who knew!?!! Great innit xx
Old 06-02-2017, 03:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
under new management

What a positive outlook

I have felt like my life has been expanding in leaps and bounds, where on earth did I find the time to drink? So much life to fill up the empty space where drinking was.

You go!!!!!
Old 06-02-2017, 06:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Yes! Love this post!

I am a very creative person. Always involved in some form of doing something with my hands (soap making, sewing, all crafts imaginable ha), but with daily drinking over years those things all fell by the wayside. Drinking became my sole hobby.

Since quitting for good almost 11 years ago, I reconnected with all my hobbies and I learned so many new ones. It is very freeing to realize the world has opened up again and it's vast, when it was once so small. Besides learning new hobbies, I've also done things like public speaking, skydiving, and a couple of naked 5k races. Why? Well, because I can and as you stated above...why the hell not?!
Old 06-03-2017, 10:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Great post Nikki. Nice to see you embracing sobriety and making some positive changes. Top work!
Old 06-03-2017, 11:47 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Loved reading that post. Great job!
Old 06-03-2017, 03:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Really glad to read this update nikka

D