Notices

1st sober holiday

Old 05-31-2017, 10:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

1st sober holiday

Hi, I just wanted to post quickly to thank everyone at SR for helping me stay sober. I am coming to the end of a great family holiday and it's the 1st one without alcohol. My husband still doesn't get it and put a bottle of wine in the fridge on our 1st night, I told him I thought it was an a**hole thing to do as I am not drinking and our previous agreement was that he would go to the bar if he wanted to drink. I am not sure if he was testing me as he drinks beer/ spirits and wine was my poison but he eventually stopped bringing alcohol in after a couple of days. I have regularly visited SR while away and am very grateful for the posts. Thank you x
Old 05-31-2017, 10:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you enjoy the rest of your sober holiday LL

D
Old 06-01-2017, 04:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Old 06-03-2017, 03:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations LancashireLass 👍👍👍

During 5 months of sobriety last year I did my first (and only...but it will not be the last) sober trip to Barcelona and I had a great time...it was a massive achievement and one I now look forward to repeating again and again.

Wishing you well on the rest of your recovery journey x
Old 06-03-2017, 05:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

good one LL. Been waiting- just for you for a while now. The main AA meeting I go to- an old church back complex structure- has overhead exposed steel ceiling beams- 'made at Lancashire Steel.' Probably older than you and I put together ( am I am getting old). Stay the course- and remember your sobriety is you responsibility, no one else's. Support. You are doing well.
Old 06-03-2017, 11:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Unfortunately lots of normies, and more tragically some would be recovering alcoholics, really struggle to understand the fact that alcoholism and is not something that we get to take a vacation from. We don't get dispensation at Christmas, Birthdays, or St Patrick's day, or on family vacationsno more than someone with diabetes or kidney failure does. It is just part of our life. Those of us who do really 'get' this, accept it and fully concede defeat in the drinking game are actually quite blessed, so congratulations.

Keep doing what it takes.

BB