Notices

Day 2 exhausted

Old 05-31-2017, 01:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2 exhausted

I actually slept good last night. Felt good most of the day until around 3:00 pm. It's now 4:45 and I am exhausted. I would love to go to bed but I have to work from 5 to 9 pm.

I remember how tiring the first weeks can be. Any recommendations on how to get strength back quickly? I can't afford to be tired with 2 jobs!!!!
Old 05-31-2017, 02:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

The first weeks are definitely a struggle for most people. For myself, I take vitamin supplements and drink tons of water and Gatorade. The dehydration can last for a bit, as well as insomnia unfortunately. Try to get some exercise in if you can - that always lifts my spirits and energizes me :-)
Old 05-31-2017, 03:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

there really isn't any way to speed up the process of detox and early recovery. it's a TIME thing......accepting that it's just gonna be less than pleasant for a while, but making sure not to make it any worse by drinking again will go a long way.

if you do drink caffeine, you gotta watch your cut off point, so it doesn't interrupt with what sleep you DO get. staying hydrated is probably one of the best things - plus you can't sleep if you have to keep making trips to the restroom!
Old 05-31-2017, 03:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Drink lots of water, maybe some calming tea. It will get easier.
Old 05-31-2017, 03:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm with you, second day sucks.
Old 05-31-2017, 06:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I took vitamins, drank seltzer with freshly squeezed lemons or limes (the fresh fruit juice gave me a boost) and I exercised. When I needed to rest, I did.

Hang in...you'll feel better soon.
Old 05-31-2017, 06:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm having that first week fatigue, too.. I think I napped from 5-9 tonight. I'll go right back to sleep when the hockey game is over, too.

I know I should try to drink water, take vitamins and avoid carbs..
Old 05-31-2017, 07:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Vitamins, lemon or cucumber water and sleep as much as you can. Congrats on day 2!
Old 05-31-2017, 07:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

For me it helped a lot to drink a lot of Chocolate ensure (yes ... it might not taste good to some).

I had starved my body of so much nutrition that it caused huge fatigue and weakness.

It may depend on how much for how long you drank before stopping. It is also a good idea to see your doctor because there can be some very serious consequences of long term drinking and they can run tests and provide fixes for many problems.

Let us know how it goes.