Notices

Day 4 and binge drinking term

Old 05-29-2017, 06:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4 and binge drinking term

On Day 4 of my recovery and my body is feeling better. Going to take a week or 2 before I'm physical better again. Medically will take a month. I got myself back to the gym today which was a good thing. Get my body and mind in good stand for a bit. Will be going back to work tomorrow which I called in sick the whole week but I know done this before and the boss knows I have a drinking problem. It just hasn't come up in 2 month time period which is real quick for me. Nervous about my job but not trying to think too much about it. If I do then I will go crazy and I will crave an alcoholic drink which I don't need that. After I finish this post, my cardio will be next to my list before I try to relax and go to sleep which will be hard at this stage of things.

Whenever I try to find an article about binge drinking, it always talks about one night of heavy drinking and not the multiple nights or weeks of binge drinking. But when I find the thread to post about binge drinking it's always the multiple nights. Is there any reason why all the articles people write about one night and not multiple nights. Seem like people who have issues with binge drinking its the multiple night people. Is there not much study about people who binge multiple nights?
Old 05-29-2017, 07:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Binge drinking is a medical term for drinking yourself to legal intoxication, or more than 5 drinks in one sitting. Going on a bender is when you're basically drinking yourself into oblivion for days, to a week or more straight.
Though regardless it sounds like your drinking is starting to cause some serious issues. I would for sure get your sobriety plan down pat as you for sure don't want to be losing your job.
Old 05-29-2017, 07:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Forward12 View Post
Binge drinking is a medical term for drinking yourself to legal intoxication, or more than 5 drinks in one sitting. Going on a bender is when you're basically drinking yourself into oblivion for days, to a week or more straight.
Though regardless it sounds like your drinking is starting to cause some serious issues. I would for sure get your sobriety plan down pat as you for sure don't want to be losing your job.
Yea, it would be a let down for myself and don't know how I would deal with it if I lose it for the next few weeks. I am trying to make all my food instead of buying protein bars or fast food. Try to do better for my body than crappy McDonalds, Wendy's grilled chicken sandwich crap food. Today I also clean my car which I haven't done it for 3 weeks now.
Old 05-29-2017, 07:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome! It sounds like you're ready to stop drinking and that you're making changes in your life to help your recovery. I hope you continue to read and post.
Old 05-29-2017, 07:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sounds like your on the right path. Take it one day at a time . Glad you found SR
Old 05-29-2017, 08:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome, Whynot.
Glad you are here. This is a supportive place.
As to the job, do your very best to keep it.
Work gives us structure and a place to be.
And money, of course.
Good luck.
Old 05-29-2017, 08:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Why,

A huge benefit of sr is the education.

Now I know what binge drinking is and causes. I know booze fries mind receptors and that equals brain damage.

All this information and the desire to quit are what we need to take it 1 day at a time.

Once over the physical addiction...about a month or so...we deal w how to live life sober....and content.

Being content is about reformatting our life...dawn till dusk w a flow of events that don't involve drinking.

Since drinking generally took up many free waking hours..it can be daunting.

AA meetings, gym, walks, projects, computer, games, books, music....all fill the day. That is what sOber people do.

Fill the day.

Thanks.
Old 05-29-2017, 10:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm not new to this. I needed to start a new username because I couldn't remember my user name and been dealing this for 8 years. So, it's not my first time trying to quit it putting more effer in this time around.
Old 05-30-2017, 11:34 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
AA Member

hi WhyNotNowMe

how are you today?

Old 05-30-2017, 01:25 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Whenever I try to find an article about binge drinking, it always talks about one night of heavy drinking and not the multiple nights or weeks of binge drinking.

i can rationalize and say i binged once.
for 23 years.
does it matter? alcoholism is alcoholism and alcoholics drink many different ways. call it social drinking,binge drinking, a bender...whatever.
its more important to get into solutions.