Notices

Hey am back

Old 05-29-2017, 03:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Earth Child

Hey am back

Hi sorry i havent been around much , things have been going mostly ok
been kinda messing myself up with my eating disorder and mentally self injuring but i havent had drink or drugs for a while
i havent self injured for psychically for 2 months i am trying to deal with my mental health am going to try and be here more than i have been

the last time i was here i said i found AA/NA/OA Too rigid its not that at all my husband says av been back and forth to AA/NA/OA a lot for some reason am not sticking to it and that is my fault
i would go back to the meetings but my husband refuses to see that i need it so i am just sticking with online at the moment i find meetings very hard to deal with i know you dont have to talk i know you dont have to read either but the last time i was there , there was very small amount of people there and i felt i HAD to read am dyslexic and i have problems speaking or reading in front of other basically i messed it up and now i feel that i cant do that again the fear i have is making me want to run away i need to try and explain that to someone but sometimes if i say no or that i have problems with reading people will think am dumb or something
also my husband will not take my mental health has become so bad that am a danger to myself if am on my own having to explain this at every meeting is hard when i feel paranoid i know i can give all the reasons in the world i need to try and work on myself first before i can go back to meetings

I hope you are all doing well , stay safe and stay sober
Old 05-29-2017, 03:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're back with us DA - support and understanding are important

D
Old 05-29-2017, 03:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome back!
Old 05-29-2017, 04:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Earth Child

my husband says i shouldnt go to the AA meeting as at the moment am not having problems with drinking...but i have an addictive personality and i need help for that unsure if its still ok for me to go to AA if am not struggling with drink
Old 05-29-2017, 05:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

welcome back!

yes you can go to AA even if your not struggling with drinking right now...some people have been sober decades and still go for support.