Notices

I don't have another Day 1 in me ..

Old 05-29-2017, 10:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I don't have another Day 1 in me ..

I binged again ( Thursday to Sunday). I am scared of how this hangover will pan out as last time Day 2 was worse then Day 1. I pick up the bottle after a blowout with my teenage son - knowing it won't make things better and in fact makes them 100 time worse . How can I stop this madness ? This stuff will kill me . I WANT to stop but just don't seem to be able to do so ...Help ! I can't keep on doing this ..
Old 05-29-2017, 10:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi there,

We are in the same boat. I have relapsed 3 times. I just poured my heart out in another post right above yours. It made me feel better. I also got out today and walked.

Have you or any one else in this forum heard of the Sinclair Method? I saw a Ted Talk on it. It's a medication that you take while you are drinking. I don't know about you but ever since I was young, I would always drink to excess. I could never stop until I was drunk. The Sinclair method is an
Old 05-29-2017, 10:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Gratitude Gardener

Sending love and prayers to you both <3
Old 05-29-2017, 10:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Ican,

You might need medical intervention. That is a serious binge.

AA folks go to meetings....get sponsor at the first meeting.

They work the steps. The steps qwell the desire to drink.

Some folks go to 7 meetings a day. It fills the time until sober muscles grow.

It seems like you have been down this road before.

I got clean w out AA and meds. I wasnt able to flip switch, i suffered horrible mental issues. It was terrible.

Today, everything is better. I am not afraid anymore.

I currently have a sore throat and minor body aches. I remember i used to feel this plus be in withdrawals. Nightmare.

Thanks.
Old 05-29-2017, 10:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

continuing my first post

Sorry, I accidentally push "reply" but it wouldn't allow me to edit. This is the Ted Talk on Sinclair Method. I've never tried to take any meds while coming off of alcohol so I am interested to know other's thoughts. You actually drink while taking the meds and they are opioid blockers. It basically stops your desire to continue drinking. My father was an alcoholic and I've always drank to excess. I could never stop at one glass of wine. It won't let me put the link in to the Ted Talk but it is called How I overcame alcoholism | Claudia Christian | TEDxLondonBusinessSchool

Good luck, hang in there, feel free to message if you need to chat.
Old 05-29-2017, 10:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

If you can't quit on your own, there is no shame is seeking professional help whether it be rehab, treatment, or ongoing medical/psychological assistance. Because I agree with you, one more might be the one that you don't make it back from.
Old 05-29-2017, 03:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you need a plan.

You said not so long ago you didn't have another day one in you, but here you are.

I'm not saying that to shame you - the problem is a lot of us probably do have another day one in us, and unless we do something different, the default means that day one will occur and re-occur with monotonous regularity.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...very-plan.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html

If dealing with your son is a persistent trigger I think it's worth spending some time on alternative strategies - healthier strategies - to deal with that that don't involve a bottle?

D
Old 05-29-2017, 07:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You are here and posting which shows you want sobriety. I had way too many Day Ones, and really needed a recovery plan, and I think it was important for me to see there was a difference between sobriety and recovery. As part of recovery I worked on making healthy physical and mental decisions. I did whatever was needed to deal with life in a different way than I had. Alcohol was no longer an option.

I spent lots of time on here, and I still do. Look into joining the May of 2017 class, you will find lots of support from others at the same point in their journey. Also, check in with us on the 24 hour thread, you can commit each day to stay focused on the present, and remaining sonernone day, or even one hour/minute at a time.

You can do this.
Old 05-29-2017, 09:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I just had a 'blowup' with my daughter last week.. first thing to do is set the bottle down. Then suck up the bs that comes with doing that..Then..in the correct frame of mind,a sober one, handle your stuff. I was well into my recovery and got a "kick in the face" from my kid..They remember and WILL throw it in your face..OWN IT..but,do not let it define you! Just stop. Do not let that be another reason to drink..
Old 05-29-2017, 09:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

To elaborate a bit more.. An adult, in a child's mindset, can't argue with a child.. I'm not putting you down, but I know the selfish "ME" mind frame I,and most us go to when we drink..just my opinion..