Notices

New Beginning without Alochol

Old 05-28-2017, 04:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New Beginning without Alochol

I'm not new to this forum but haven't use it for a long time, I feel like I need to start a new account. My last drink was Wednesday or really early Thursday. I'm a binge drinker that would drink 3 to 5 days straight. This time I drank Friday to Wednesday. The time before this was 2 months ago and before that New Years and the time before was May of 2016.

I started drinking heavy like this in 2009, which will come up 8 years. I have lost a lot of things with this time of drinking, money, time, doing crazy things, sleeping around, lost a job, getting a DUI and losing good friends. I'm going to turn 35 in a few months which scares me a bit. Feel like I'm just standing still at 22 when I was in college. I don't have a wife, kids and I live with my parents which makes me feel even stupid that I'm almost 35 and didn't move out. No real responsible so it may give me an excuse to drink.

I have try many alcohol programs and they just don't stick. I have time but after years go by I don't give it a **** anymore because I would always go by to binge drinking.

I started to drink because of my anxiety and panic attack but after 8 years I don't know why I keep doing this to myself. I don't get panic attacks and most days I don't get any anxiety issues and don't drink anymore because of it. I can give a few things more before I start a binge drinking episode but I would be guessing not really knowing.

I called in sick last week but because I have done it before I don't know if I will have a job after this and this shows me I'm just a failure in life to just trying to maintain and not even enjoying anything anymore.

Thank for reading my post. Need the support.
Old 05-28-2017, 05:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

You can get down on yourself, which is futile, or get down to the business of recovery.

Sorry you are struggling. Not sure why you felt that you needed a new account, but if you are seeking a new start, then start with a willingness to do whatever it takes to get and stay sober. Accept you can't drink. Ever. Make sobriety your goal. And create a plan to support that decision.
Old 05-28-2017, 05:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad you're here and reading and posting.
Wishing you all the best for your sobriety and recovery. BB
Old 05-28-2017, 05:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Glad you are here, WhyNot. Sounds as though you are feeling stuck and ready to make a change.
Alcohol doesn't help anything. Makes it worse, in fact.
How about joining the June class, starting shortly, here? It is for the the newly sober and those who want to be accountable.
Old 05-28-2017, 05:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome back! 35 is a great age to begin a new life of recovery. Don't look back, just keep moving forward. You won't regret it!

Old 05-28-2017, 05:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Reality...what a concept!

WNNM - if making changes such as a clean new handle / page helps you, maybe other changes in your life are in order. Try doing something different today that you've never done before, even if it's to do your regular errands, but in a town you are not familiar with. If you are concerned about your job maybe it's time to come clean with them and request some time to go to meetings or even IOP treatment? Even setting small goals for change may be the fuel you need to stay on the road to recovery.
Look forward to following your new journey.
Old 05-28-2017, 07:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I could have written your story word for word. I need to be a better Mom for my kids. I am on day 8 and feeling good. I also told my husband no more wine in the house...if it is here I will drink it. We were supposed to go to a picnic today but my daughter has a fever so we're skipping it. Secretly I am relieved...I know there will be some type of alcohol there and I just didn't want the temptation.
We are all in this battle together and it is great to have the support here.
Old 05-28-2017, 07:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Vinificent View Post
WNNM - if making changes such as a clean new handle / page helps you, maybe other changes in your life are in order. Try doing something different today that you've never done before, even if it's to do your regular errands, but in a town you are not familiar with. If you are concerned about your job maybe it's time to come clean with them and request some time to go to meetings or even IOP treatment? Even setting small goals for change may be the fuel you need to stay on the road to recovery.
Look forward to following your new journey.
They know I have this issue. Just feel like I'm going in circles in my sad life. Just don't understand my life come out this way. I pretty much throw away 8 years of this with drinking my life away.
Old 05-28-2017, 08:12 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm only on day 4 and frequently break down around this time. What has helped is laying down and seriously thinking about what makes me happy. I drink because it absolves me of the need to go make my own life.

Only saying this because it might relate.
Old 05-28-2017, 04:57 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back

Why not, for a start, join the Class of May, and post here daily, if not multiple times a day. Get some support and some traction

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...art-two-7.html

D
Old 05-28-2017, 06:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope you will actively use the support here to help you get sober for good this time.