Notices

Kudzu- supplement for cravings, and more.

Old 05-26-2017, 08:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Gratitude Gardener

Kudzu- supplement for cravings, and more.

I just realized that I have information that might be helpful to others.

PLEASE DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH.

Three weeks ago I began taking all kinds of supplements to help me get free of my alcohol obsession. I did a lot of research.

I began taking these things, and then, a week ago I stopped drinking. I dont know if it has anything to do with the supplements, but one thing I do know is that all of them have some good solid research and study to back them up, and thats why I splurged on all of them (there are actually a few I was already taking to protect my liver, like the tea I mention, and a couple others, but most of it is all new in my daily intake)

So, here is what I take daily, specifically to help me with alcohol cravings, alcohol-related damage to my body, and also to help alleviate any stress, fatigue, and depression:

Kudzu, by Planetary Herbals (supposedly the best) Specifically for alcohol cravings. Take as directed.

Super B-complex

L-Glutamine

L-taurine

NAC

Milk Thistle (jarrow brand)

Himalaya LiverCare

Daily Detox Tea ...THIS ONE: https://www.amazon.com/Daily-Detox-N...aily+detox+tea

Lemon Balm (for anxiety and sleep)

L-theanine (for anxiety)

Rhodiola rosea (I will likely take this for the rest of my life, research it yourself to understand why. I am also giving it to my 78 year old Mother)

Eleuthero root (energy, stress adaptogen, immune system booster, protects against damage from chemo, as well)

Thats everything I am taking, and the bulk of these I began taking 3 weeks ago. I am one week sober now. I dont know, like I said, if it has anything to do with these supplements, but they are specifically for alcohol related issues.

No side effects to speak of, in my case.
Old 05-26-2017, 09:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If it's working to keep you sober, go with it!
Old 05-26-2017, 09:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

As with all supplements I urge everyone to see their Dr first, before they start.

Whats worked for others may not work, or even be suitable, for you.

D
Old 05-26-2017, 09:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Gratitude Gardener

Unfortunately, most doctors arent aware of the benefits, side effects, or possible dangers of supplements, They are not trained to be researching them or looking in to them. (one of my exs is a doctor).

They simply don't have the knowledge base or much experience with them. Even with pharmaceuticals they often dont know as much as one would expect.

Not at all arguing, just letting you know that its entirely possible and even likely that you can mention any one of these supplements and a doctor will look at you clueless about it. Often they will simply say, SURE, see how it feels when you take it. Or they will say nothing.

They just don't know. But yes, people should check with their doctors.

I didnt. I just did a whole lot of research and read others experiences online, in amazon reviews and in forums.
Old 05-26-2017, 09:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah the reason I say that is because it's part of our rules.

10. Medical Advice: No Posts giving medical advice, medication advice, or psychiatric advice. Do not use the forum to give or ask for professional medical or psychiatric advice. If you are a medical professional, please remember the forums and chat are for peer support only and not to be used for distributing professional medical advice and/or using the forum to represent your professional services. Medical and Psychiatric advice includes giving a diagnosis, treatment plan, medication advice and dosage suggestions, over the counter and natural home remedies that should be approved by medical professionals. Detox can be dangerous and life threatening at times. Please consult with your physician.
The other reason I say that is because I made myself very sick once by starting supplements and not realising they would interact with other meds I was taking.

I appreciate you've done your research for yourself and your situation - I wasn't doubting your veracity or impugning your integrity...I'm just doing my job reminding folks that their situations may not be same.

I'm always going to direct folks to speak to their Dr first.
I do it in other threads too, not just yours

D
Old 05-26-2017, 10:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Gratitude Gardener

Youre great Dee. Thanks for that thoughtful response.
Yeah, I hope I didnt come off as an ass. I didnt mean to.

Its always best to be safe, I absolutely agree.

It literally JUST occurred to me today that my supps MIGHT be helping. Getting sober took over my whole mind this week, and I sort of forgot why I even started taking these supps, til today. It was a sort of light bulb moment.
So I thoughts i'd share.

Youre great, and thats a very smart policy.
Old 05-26-2017, 10:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad we didn't have to duke it out lol

Thanks Herculana
D
Old 05-26-2017, 10:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Gratitude Gardener

Its always a close call on the internet!