Notices

Day 5. Job Interview.

Old 05-24-2017, 07:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5. Job Interview.

Day 5 for me now. I had a job interview this morning. It went OK, but I felt my anxiety getting the better of me at the beginning of the interview. I'm pretty sure the cogs in my brain stopped turning for a few minutes there I tend to over-analyse EVERYTHING and I guess alcohol was always a 'crutch' for me, particularly in times of high anxiety/stress.

I'm sitting here going over all my answers to the questions....picking myself apart as I always do....kinda wishing I had a bottle of wine to drown it all in. But I'm not going to. I WILL NOT drink today. Drinking will not achieve anything and will most likely make me feel worse, because I cannot stop at just one or two.

What's done is done, it's out of my hands now. Just gotta play the waiting game and see what happens.

Thanks for reading.
Old 05-24-2017, 07:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Job interviews are natural anxiety-inducers. Don't beat yourself up and definitely don't drink over it.

Whatever happens happens. You gave it your best shot on day 5. The worst that will happen is you don't get the job and you gained some sober experience.
Old 05-25-2017, 02:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I held it together yesterday and didn't drink....I must admit it was the hardest craving I've overcome so far. Day 6 for me now. May find out the outcome today.