O/T just an update on my weekend

Old 05-24-2017, 07:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

O/T just an update on my weekend

So, I went to my son's house on Friday, so he could go to the wedding rehearsal, then dinner, and the wedding the next day. Had a really good time with one on one with my grandson. He was sick, so he was up most of the time. I would get him to sleep, and he would cough and wake himself up, then cry for another 15 minutes, then go back to sleep, and rinse and repeat. (lol)

Finally got some downtime on Saturday night, so I started to help packing boxes for them since son and dtr in law are moving this weekend. Also cleaned the house since my mom and sister were visiting the next day. They were in the process of moving, so house was a mess. My mom came from Florida to meet her grandson, and everything turned out just great. After my mom left, I packed up many more boxes for them. New house is only 15 minutes away, so my son was driving back and forth with the boxes, unpacking them, then bringing them back to be filled again. We got a lot done on Sunday. My son and dtr in law couldn't stop thanking me for helping with this, and I have to admit, it really felt good.

Monday comes, it's my daughter's graduation from Johns Hopkins. She graduated with a Masters in Bio technology, with secondary bio defense. This was the day that I most dreaded, but I really had to be there for this. I am so proud of my daughter. Oh, she is also moving this weekend to her new house.

So going out to dinner after the graduation was to be, my son, my daughter, my drama queen daughter, and her boyfriend, my ex and his girlfriend and me. (I have been no contact with drama queen daughter since Dec 28th, 2016).

Well my DQ daughter couldn't make it, she had a double ear infection, and she also thought she shouldn't cross state lines with her children while the cops are looking for her stbx, because of the restraining order she has on him, and blah, blah, blah, and I don't even know or care what anything is about with this, because my daughter is nuts. I tried to ask my son about this RO, and he just said, I just don't care anymore, I can't listen to her BS anymore. Well anyway.......

After graduation we go out to dinner. My daughter tells me that the restaurant is not too far, and that we might as well walk to save on the parking fees. OK. She said it was about 4 blocks away. (lol) I have a DVT. The place was over a mile away, and a lot of it was walking uphill.
Well, anyway, I made it. Wanted to just lay down and die when I got there, but I made it there.

So, then it was time to sit in the restaurant. My ex was surprisingly pleasant when he came in. He actually acknowledged me as a person. (lol) My son and daughter had it set up so that I was separated from ex and gf. I did talk to gf, but son was haunched over so ex and I really couldn't speak to each other. Everything turned out just fine, and when we left I gave ex's gf a hug goodbye, told her I would see her soon at the Christening, and then I gave my ex a faux hug also.

On the ride back to my son's apt., he remarked to me, that he couldn't believe that everything went so great, and that he was amazed that I could give ex's gf and ex a hug. You know, it's like, oh well, I can. I really don't feel anything at all for my ex right now. I wish him well.

I didn't have to walk back that mile walk to the parking garage. One of my daughter's friends showed up and drove us there. (lol) I was not about to do that walk again.

Going back again this weekend to watch my grandson again, since Saturday is moving day for both, my son and my daughter.

Need to thank everyone here again, without the people here I might have stayed in that hateful stage that I was in. It is true, stop drinking the poison, hoping it will kill someone else, it is only killing you.

Many thanks and many ((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))
amy
Old 05-24-2017, 07:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Standing ovation. It kind of worked out just fine that DQ daughter couldn't make it, yes?

Hugging your ex? You're a better woman than I, for sure.

Delighted you had such a good time!
Old 05-24-2017, 07:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Amy, so glad you are doing well. It's great that you can be okay with the ex and gf., and everything else.
Love that you can help with your grandson. My son and fam moved to Virginia two years ago. I miss them, especially my youngest grandson.
We are here in Massachusetts to help aged moms-91 and 90, respectively.
I think that after they pass, we will try to move closer to VA.
We lived in the mid-atlantic (PA) for many years, and liked it. may try to get back there.
Anyway, good to hear from you.
Peace.
Old 05-24-2017, 07:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That sounds like a lovely weekend, and Baltimore can be such a great city. Glad you had a wonderful time!
Old 05-24-2017, 07:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

c'mon, it was a faux hug, you know, like those air kisses. I couldn't bring myself to give him a full hug. (lol) But son was impressed, that's all that matters.

DQ daughter not being there, couldn't have been happier about that !!!!!! I was really afraid that with her being there, and me being friendly to her for the sake of the graduation, that I would have kept getting phone calls from her.

I can't believe that at one time I didn't think I could live without him, that I was so obsessed with him. It was always him, him, him. I think now about him, and I just shudder, and thank my lucky stars that I am not with him. It takes time, but everyone here has been so helpful to me. I remember the last 6 - 7 years when my children weren't even speaking to me. They are now looking at me in a different light. (Well, not DQ, she can't control and manipulate me any longer).

(((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))
amy
Old 05-24-2017, 08:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Distance and time bring clarity, thank heaven.
Old 05-25-2017, 07:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Amy, I know how nervous you were about all of this. I am so happy it went so well, and it had to be wonderful to visit w/your family and watch your daughter through such an accomplishment.

Hugs to you!!!
Old 05-25-2017, 01:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Great update . Very happy to hear that it went so well for you
Old 05-25-2017, 07:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Great, glad things went so well! See? Half the time the stuff we stress about never even becomes an issue.
Old 05-25-2017, 07:56 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Way to go amy!!! You survived and did awesome
Old 05-25-2017, 08:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

That sounds just great! Aren't grandbabies wonderful? We are blessed to have them. Good for you, getting on well with your ex's gf. Well done.
Old 05-26-2017, 10:57 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I need to tell you about the drama that everyone was tensed up about.

It's about my drama queen dtr (DQ).

My cousin had a baby shower for her daughter on Saturday. I had already told my cousin 2 months ago that I couldn't make that because I was babysitting while son and dil went to a wedding.

Well, my mom came in from Florida for this and also to see her great grandson. She wanted it to be a surprise, so she only told me and my sister. She did not tell DQ she was coming in. I did tell my son, so that he could make sure DQ would go to the baby shower, since I wasn't going to be there anyway. He hasn't spoken to DQ during that time, so he never told her.

Turns out DQ was not invited to this baby shower. (wow). I found this out on Sunday when my mom visited. It seemed to me like she thought it was my fault, which it wasn't, or she was upset because she now had to listen to DQ about not being invited. I wanted to tell my mom perhaps she wasn't invited because she has been sending emails to family members cursing at them, or perhaps because she created a scene at her brother and sister in laws baby shower, or perhaps it was because she sent out 28 messages on facebook asking family members to help fund her in a class action suit against NJ CPS, (because they will not do what she wants them to do) and that while she was sending out those messages she was vacationing with her boyfriend.

Well, anyway I think my son, and youngest daughter let out a collective "phew" when we found out she wasn't going to dampen my daughters graduation day with her BS.

I love being with my grandson, was supposed to go again this weekend, but grandson was sick, and now I am. So will try again for next weekend.

I can't see my other 2 grandsons now, because they are DQ's sons. I need to wait till after the divorce, and then I can contact their father for visitation.

Oh, and another stroke of luck. I lost my phone. Must have left it at son's house, but he can't find it. At least I don't have to deal with phone calls about why DQ wasn't invited to baby shower. So just going to rest this weekend.

amy
Old 05-26-2017, 12:03 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Good for you Amy! I hope you feel better and get some much needed R&R!