Notices

Boomerang....

Old 05-23-2017, 09:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Jon

Boomerang....

I'm at this again. A constant battle to keep this beast at bay. When it comes calling from the hill I rise to meet the sun. Delighted by the buzz of light it gives, so forgiving, but so wrong. Raw I feel when I take my first sip and all the worries fade into the background. Where will I end up today? I've been at this place before, does anyone wanna talk today? It feels lonely in this place that smells of dusk...my boomerang takes precedence...thank you for sober recovery, it takes away the edge I know so well. Sometimes just the echo of the reminder is enough for me to breathe...
Old 05-23-2017, 09:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I know you must be struggling right now....but I seriously think you've got some awesome writing there going on...very descriptive, poetic, poingnant...that's just freakin' awesome and you should keep at it....we know how hard this is, we get it, we understand...keep writing....
Old 05-23-2017, 09:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to see you again Jon - and I agree - you have a great facility with words

SR is more than just a place to pass the time & shoot the breeze tho - it can be a place to change, to evolve - why not give it a go?

many willing shoulders here to help

D
Old 05-24-2017, 12:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm not nearly half as eloquent as you but if your alcoholism is a boomerang, you need to turn it into a stick. Something that you throw away once and for all, never to return. Use your gift of words to post here every time you hear the call. Use the time you would spend drinking writing beautiful imagery for so many to enjoy. You got a gift, use it
Old 05-24-2017, 02:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Old 05-24-2017, 03:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Eloquence can be a pleasing, self-aggrandizing place of justification for out addiction.

All the flowery turn of phrase in the world will ultimately fail to mask the reality of our self destruction eventually.

Are you ready to live eloquently?

Because there is a beautiful life of freedom for the having if you are.

More than words....
Old 05-26-2017, 01:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Jon

Many friends I have lost, jobs and missed opportunities in reach only find the door slammed by own hand with out even realizing it. Going to AA is such a outlet for me in the sense of just being around people making an effort and falling deeper into this hollow place.
Old 05-26-2017, 03:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Jon

Originally Posted by hollowx View Post
Many friends I have lost, jobs and missed opportunities in reach only find the door slammed by own hand with out even realizing it. Going to AA is such a outlet for me in the sense of just being around people making an effort and falling deeper into this hollow place.
i meant to sat am not falling deeper