Notices

Wasting sobriety

Old 05-23-2017, 05:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wasting sobriety

I have always been an addict, but drink was always my main thing, also the most debilitating. I haven't had a drink in over 4 years and in them 4 years I've managed to hold down and progress In a full time job and maintain a relationship something's that would have been impossible while I was still drinking, although I was always hard-working and honest drinking just made me too angry, Sick, unreliable etc... But i had a bit of time off due to a serious injury, no pay for a while and a bit to pay out, it nearly wiped me out financially. This got me thinking I should be doing more, I've lost motivation though, no big ideas or dreams, maybe some sort of paws. So I've started saving in the form of stocks and shares, only a little each month, I'm also going to get a diploma to get a better paying job. I wondered if any of you had changed your life after getting sober, drinks took all them years from me, sobriety has took something else, need to find that spark again. I have also lost some confidence, my friends were all drinkers, so it's just me my dogs and girlfriend, no family either. So whatever happens it's all gonna be me, any idea of what to do? Just educate myself save and see what comes to me? Only the people in the same position will get this which is probably for the best, I keep my secrets to myself, but I don't have many. As for hobby I enjoy buying stuff to sell, if like a business partner in that. My parents were both market traders so I've done it since I was a toddler. My main skill is fixing furniture. I do that for a 9-5.

There was a bomb in my country today. That's what's got me thinking, young kids dying before they reach their dreams, don't waste your life.